Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Making a sequel 20 years later with the main cast returning is only going to increase your movie's prospects, not decrease it. But hey, you saying that the movie will do badly only bodes well for it.

Oh please. The Wachowskis haven't exactly been on a winning streak in the years post Matrix, especially box office wise. And this one is just Lana. Even with John Wick renewing Keanu's star power I can easily see a scenario where Spidey opens 200+, and holiday legs help it overrun Matrix.

Edited by SpiderByte

3 hours ago, ViktorLosAngeles said:

I love “Matrix”, I remember seeing it in theaters when I was 11. But, truth to be told, although it gained cult following, I’m not sure will it draw enough audience to theaters around Christmas because people will be looking for something lighter to watch, and surge of Covid cases + HBO Max as an alternative won’t work in it’s favor. God forbid if the critics are not liking it, I’d prepare myself for a 40-45 million $ three day opening (65-70 million $ five day). 

That’s around what I’m thinking too. For the most part, nostalgia sells when in conjunction with a long wait (people forgot about the past two Jurassic Park for World) and if the marketing is ramped up I can see why it wouldn’t at least do similar to Dune for the three day. Sure NWH is direct competition but the holidays tend to be spread out for multiple films. However, the only thing in question is legs as I suspect WOM to be mixed and I do think being available on Max same date will likely hurt the normal Christmas legs. I’m thinking $45m/$70m/$135m, a big five day with legs similar to GvK. In a case of no Max though, I could’ve easily see an scenario where NWH does TLJ Numbers and Matrix pulls a Jumanji (albeit with a far larger OW and poorer legs)

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

Really just not enjoying the energy around this movie at the moment and I'm seeing more people say the same. I don't get the point of leaking anything. Why ruin it for yourself and others, second trailer or not when it's out in like 6 weeks?? The first trailer had almost 3 minutes of content?