Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

So there is apparently on Twitter some social media ramblings that the trailer is coming soon possibly on June 1st on Tom Hollands birthday. Considering Sony Pictures Germany YouTube Channel changed their banner to Spider-Man No Way Home! 

Also other ramblings include that Eternals Trailer is Next Week (Possibly) then following week after that no way home trailer.

Could any of this actually be true?

And will Tobey Maguire Andrew Garfield Electro Doc Ock and Maybe it if what insiders says it's true that Green Goblin (Willem Dafoe) -- will be the main villain of the movie -- they will be in the trailer as well? I hope we can actually get an green goblin look from comics rather than that pez doll look in 2002. :)

2 hours ago, Seth Irskens said:

So there is apparently on Twitter some social media ramblings that the trailer is coming soon possibly on June 1st on Tom Hollands birthday. Considering Sony Pictures Germany YouTube Channel changed their banner to Spider-Man No Way Home! 

Also other ramblings include that Eternals Trailer is Next Week (Possibly) then following week after that no way home trailer.

Could any of this actually be true?

Spoiler

And will Tobey Maguire Andrew Garfield Electro Doc Ock and Maybe it if what insiders says it's true that Green Goblin (Willem Dafoe) -- will be the main villain of the movie -- they will be in the trailer as well? I hope we can actually get an green goblin look from comics rather than that pez doll look in 2002. :)

Even though most of this is still classified as "rumor" -- I would say this veering dangerously close to SPOILER material for now, and should be regarded as such.  

Not sure where to place this baby... but this seems like a good spot.  The latest "public" quotes from SONY Production head Sanford Panitch on all things-rumored via Spidey, Multiverses, Villain Solo Silos, Sinister Shlocks...  

"There actually is a plan..."  😂

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/spider-man-sony-marvel-kraven-sanford-panitch-1234984449/

Edited by Macleod

7 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Not sure where to place this baby... but this seems like a good spot.  The latest "public" quotes from SONY Production head Sanford Panitch on all things-rumored via Spidey, Multiverses, Villain Solo Silos, Sinister Shlocks...  

"There actually is a plan..."  😂

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/spider-man-sony-marvel-kraven-sanford-panitch-1234984449/

4b69aa4b7d082642becc36482a5122ad.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

At this point, the only way I can imagine the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters (what the hell kind of name is that?) believably crossing over with Tom Holland’s Spider-Man is if it’s through the multiverse. Venom doesn’t really fit into the MCU proper and from the sounds of things, neither will the sequel. 

Hey I'm all for a NWH trailer today but at the same time the Internet (even among my fellow MCU acolytes) have been so annoying about it lately especially on reddit I actually wouldn't mind no trailer today just to be mean and amuse myself. 😄

As for the "plan" thing from Sony, I've had the impression that King Kevin will treat the Sony stuff like he did the Netflix shows where said shows/Sony crap will tell you how connected they are to the MCU mothership while said mothership will ignore them. Except that Young Nathan Drake will show up in Venom vs Kraven or whatever. People have taken King Kevin's words literally about Spidey being able to cross worlds in that stuff, but I just wonder if he meant metaphorically. He wants to keep playing with Spidey, Sony wants to do their little universe to piggy back off the MCU. 

All that said, I'll admit that even if I didn't care for Venom the movie....Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock actually wouldn't be the worst thing to play in King Kevin's sandbox even if it wasn't from his toybox per say. Imagine him crossing paths with Ant-Man, another San Francisco-based hero. I could see fun being had there. But for love of everything precious, keep Jared Leto away. MCU dodged a bullet when he didn't get Dr. Strange. Don't tempt fate again. 

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Speaking of the trailer, assuming Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are in this, I wonder if the trailers will give that away. I wouldn’t put it past Sony to spoil something like that, but I wonder if Marvel and Disney has any say in it. 

I would expect this first trailer to possibly show or hint at anything that has been officially confirmed in the trades...and sometimes fans forget a bit about what that is...or isn't... in this case, those two names above are not officially announced as attached to this project.  Neither are many other names that are percolating corridors of websites.  I am sure SONY and yes, MARVEL will want to keep *something* a bit quiet until closer to release... then again, it's SONY we're talking about here, and their trailers for these franchises have a history of "giving things away."  

I don't think it really matters to Feige whether or how the above names are dealt with in marketing for this movie...because they were never part of the MCU...and as far as we know so far... I don't expect them to be in the future.  

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

I would expect this first trailer to possibly show or hint at anything that has been officially confirmed in the trades...and sometimes fans forget a bit about what that is...or isn't... in this case, those two names above are not officially announced as attached to this project.  Neither are many other names that are percolating corridors of websites.  I am sure SONY and yes, MARVEL will want to keep *something* a bit quiet until closer to release... then again, it's SONY we're talking about here, and their trailers for these franchises have a history of "giving things away."  

I don't think it really matters to Feige whether or how the above names are dealt with in marketing for this movie...because they were never part of the MCU...and as far as we know so far... I don't expect them to be in the future.  

Hardly anything about this has been confirmed by trades, other than Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx.

• Like 1

Saw discussion of the release date on Reddit and got curious to see what it would be here and Event Cinemas are showing it as Boxing Day in NZ/Aus lmao. Wonder if they'll do super early previews because a 17th release date for the rest of the world is a pretty big gap. It's one thing that the Disney Thanksgiving movies get Boxing Day releases since they're for kiddies, but I wouldn't have thought they'd do this particularly because the SW movies got the same release dates here, so I'm not sure of the reasoning.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gamora said:

Saw discussion of the release date on Reddit and got curious to see what it would be here and Event Cinemas are showing it as Boxing Day in NZ/Aus lmao. Wonder if they'll do super early previews because a 17th release date for the rest of the world is a pretty big gap. It's one thing that the Disney Thanksgiving movies get Boxing Day releases since they're for kiddies, but I wouldn't have thought they'd do this particularly because the SW movies got the same release dates here, so I'm not sure of the reasoning.

Depend on if Sony treat it like Star Wars or Jumanji. Hopefully their brains work and don't think of it as Jumanji.

• Like 1

I've heard a rumor that the No Way Home trailer will be attached to Peter Rabbit 2(can’t remember where). I was thinking though that it could be attached to Black Widow and release online in late June or early July. But I hope that we get it sooner.

• Like 2