Jump to content
Eric Madrigal

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | Still PG Cause There's no T&A | PLEASE READ SPOILER POLICY REC'D AT TOP OF THREAD | Enter At Own Risk

Recommended Posts

I think this film is fucked up badly by all these reports of how there will be previous Spider-man characters/actors in it. Yes it has helped in hype but probably would have much much better if they had kept it secret. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think this film is fucked up badly by all these reports of how there will be previous Spider-man characters/actors in it. Yes it has helped in hype but probably would have much much better if they had kept it secret. 

 

I'm sure they...wanted to?  But it's almost impossible to keep secrets like this these days, even on "closed" sets and with NDAs.  The examples of big films that have been able to do it vs. not been able to do it are few and far between (Thor: Ragnarok being one that was able to keep Damon completely quiet until less than a month before release.) 

 

All this "stuff" for Spider-Man is completely unconfirmed at present and the trades have only mentioned one or two of the rumored cast members officially.  General Audiences know nothing, and will be mostly surprised with either a Trailer or the movie.  I remember seeing 'Star Trek' '09 opening night, and there were many gasps in the audience when Leonard Nimoy's Spock showed up, even though he was officially announced with the project way ahead of time.  We must remember that most general audience members don't read the trades or fanboy websites, and aren't hounds on the pre-production buzz of movies like we in this forum (or fanboy circles, or people in the industry) are...most other folks have other busy lives to lead.  😂 

 

The fact that SONY have not said one word or the other about any of these...possibilities...(except for a rogue international SONY hub accidentally pointing an arrow for a short while) indicates that the fan buzz is all the free groundswell PR they need right now.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WittyUsername said:

Is that the same guy who made that video demanding the Infinity War trailer?

Yes. He is the president of all Marvel fans and I love him with all my heart #MARVELFANSUNITED

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

If I was Kirk, I wouldn't be so kind to Tom Holland for stealing the role Timothee deserved, now would I? :nudgewink:

Well you know what to say and what to not. 😶

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the only movie that I think has a chance of making $1B. Even then, that will depend on the fall flare-up of COVID.

Edited by JWR
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JWR said:

This is the only movie that I think has a chance of making $1B. Even then, that will depend on the fall flare-up of COVID 

I’m having trouble picturing a scenario where it doesn’t cross a billion. This is the most anticipated Marvel movie since EG. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m having trouble picturing a scenario where it doesn’t cross a billion. This is the most anticipated Marvel movie since EG. 

Any scenario where this hits a billion hinges on most of the world being vaccinated and cases not exploding in the fall/winter period like last year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2021 at 12:54 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

I think this film is fucked up badly by all these reports of how there will be previous Spider-man characters/actors in it. Yes it has helped in hype but probably would have much much better if they had kept it secret. 

Extremely online people have heard the news but most people will go in with no clue other than its another Spiderman movie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

 

I love that video and I can’t stop watching it, lol 🤣. These videos that Kirk and Julien have made before for Marvel and for Sony, have seemingly gotten those movies studios to release the trailers for their Marvel movies sooner rather than later. Maybe if enough people tag Sony and Marvel on Twitter with that video, they may release the trailer sooner if the trailer is ready to be released. If it’s not ready to be released yet, then July seems likely for its release.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2021 at 1:10 AM, Macleod said:

 

I'm sure they...wanted to?  But it's almost impossible to keep secrets like this these days, even on "closed" sets and with NDAs.  The examples of big films that have been able to do it vs. not been able to do it are few and far between (Thor: Ragnarok being one that was able to keep Damon completely quiet until less than a month before release.) 

 

All this "stuff" for Spider-Man is completely unconfirmed at present and the trades have only mentioned one or two of the rumored cast members officially.  General Audiences know nothing, and will be mostly surprised with either a Trailer or the movie.  I remember seeing 'Star Trek' '09 opening night, and there were many gasps in the audience when Leonard Nimoy's Spock showed up, even though he was officially announced with the project way ahead of time.  We must remember that most general audience members don't read the trades or fanboy websites, and aren't hounds on the pre-production buzz of movies like we in this forum (or fanboy circles, or people in the industry) are...most other folks have other busy lives to lead.  😂 

 

The fact that SONY have not said one word or the other about any of these...possibilities...(except for a rogue international SONY hub accidentally pointing an arrow for a short while) indicates that the fan buzz is all the free groundswell PR they need right now.  

All it takes is one cast or crew member having one too many at a bar and starting to blurt out stuff....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

We should be getting trailer on 5th July, unless there's something spoilery for something to come before.

What's your source on that?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

We should be getting trailer on 5th July, unless there's something spoilery for something to come before.

I honestly don’t expect the trailer for No Way Home until after the Loki season/series finale. Something tells me that if it would be coming out before Wednesday July 14th, then there would now be some sort of confirmation on it being released before Wednesday July 14th and there isn’t. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.