Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

3 minutes ago, Free Eric said:

Here's the reason: he's a likable guy who is easy to work with, causes no trouble on the set, and can deliver a competent, well-liked product that typically is financially successful. You don't have to like his movies, but it's really not that hard to figure out why Papa Feige would want him on another movie.

Oh and by the way, when I told you "no", that means don't start a fight or do some condescending, passive-aggressive backtalk towards users, like you just did with Fox20. If you do this one more time, you will be threadbanned on the spot. This is your one and only warning.

Why is it me but not them or Fox20 who constantly quotes in attempts to call out? Don’t you understand where I’m coming from? Why’s his behavior allowed but I can’t defend an accusation?

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Why is it me but not them or Fox20 who constantly quotes in attempts to call out? Don’t you understand where I’m coming from? Why’s his behavior allowed but I can’t defend an accusation?

You're right. I forgot about calling out Fox20 when I should have. Sorry!

@Fox20 your posts don't deserve to be here. Please do not go after BestPicturePlutoNash for supposedly being an MCU hater. These posts go nowhere and are demonstrably false. Do this stuff again, and you too will be threadbanned

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Firepower said:

The guy is a definition of a corporate tool, that's why he's around, he does exactly what Sony/Disney want from him without asking any questions.

That’s one way of looking at it. Another is his last two movies for them got good reviews (both 90s on RT) and were hits, the last one doing a billion bucks? They seem to get along. Why rock the boat? (What bookkeepers would want to?)

As for FF, who knows maybe he delivered a FF pitch which knocked their socks off and a guy who they trust is a bonus in making a Marvel IP on film successful for once finally despite a lengthy pathetic track record?

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, RRA said:

That’s one way of looking at it. Another is his last two movies for them got good reviews (both 90s on RT) and were hits, the last one doing a billion bucks? They seem to get along. Why rock the boat? (What bookkeepers would want to?)

Sure, numbers say everything, my personal opinion about those movies or the guy as director is irrelevant.

32 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

You know, if they did this on purpose to set the stage for the new movie (just like in the old movie), that would be the most genius marketing move of all time...but I doubt it.

I'm gonna wait for the real teaser, so I can skip 10 more pages after this one of folks saying the current one is terrible quality and not worth viewing til the real one leaks:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Sure, numbers say everything, my personal opinion about those movies or the guy as director is irrelevant.

What’s funny is I actually agree with you that they can do better than Watts. But it’s also not end of the world for me that he sticks around. 

8 minutes ago, Firepower said:

It's not an insult or anything...they are just pointing out that Marvel is making these for the whole audience, not just you or this forum or Reddit. So if Jon Watts keeps delivering movies that are liked by audiences, they will keep him around. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

You know, if they did this on purpose to set the stage for the new movie (just like in the old movie), that would be the most genius marketing move of all time...but I doubt it.

I'm gonna wait for the real teaser, so I can skip 10 more pages after this one of folks saying the current one is terrible quality and not worth viewing til the real one leaks:)...

Reminds me of the old claim that New Coke was done on purpose. Nobody in real life  is that clever. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RRA said:

What’s funny is I actually agree with you that they can do better than Watts. But it’s also not end of the world for me that he sticks around. 

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

It's not an insult or anything...they are just pointing out that Marvel is making these for the whole audience, not just you or this forum or Reddit. So if Jon Watts keeps delivering movies that are liked by audiences, they will keep him around. 

I actually wasn't sarcastic) There's a personal opinion and there's a larger picture like numbers and stuff. And my opinion is indeed irrelevant on the larger picture. I'm only sad that they are going to desecrate Raimi's films to milk more money.

39 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Hard same.  I don't like watching trailers anymore anyway, so why am i gonna watch a 480p cam of one?

I remember watching the Homecoming trailer and immediately regretting it because they literally spoiled so damn much. I actually managed to avoid the civil war trailer AND THEN i was watching Disney Channel in a hospital waiting room and they showed a tv spot featuring spider-man and I was so annoyed

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m certain that the final trailer will have Maguire and Garfield in it. They’re not going to completely keep them out of the marketing, unless they’re only in the movie for one scene. 

I will be so happy if they aren't in movie and movie turn out completely different than what everyone has been spoiling since months, imagining that everyone who ever was in a Spider-Man film is in it.

It was my 4th least anticipated movie of current slate for same reason + FFH sucked. The other 3 were BW, TFATWS and Shang Chi.

Edited by charlie Jatinder