Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

1 minute ago, Free Eric said:

Well...he's a kid. Of course he can't handle being known as a superhero. He's already going through heavy emotions as is, and people knowing his double life is going to make his mental health worse. And since he's a teen, he's going to act impulsive on this stuff. Everybody was an idiot when they were a teenager. It's really weird to me people here are mad that a teenager...is acting like a teenager.

He’s gotta be pretty close to 18 at this point. And in any case it’s not true that everybody was an idiot as a teenager, or that “of course he can’t handle it.” He’s had years of being a superhero at this point, handling tough situations, and growing from it. If he was outed like halfway through Homecoming or something and freaked out and went to Strange and broke the multiverse, sure I’d be more sympathetic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

It will do 150-175M views in one day. Big deal?

Problem is I HATE IT and that's never good.

Well it’s exciting box office even if we dislike it. Wasn’t a huge fan of TFA, Joker, TLK, doubt I will be of Avatar 2. Still big numbers are fun to take in vs this likely 15M opener stuff.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

imo they should have used Wanda as reason major reason behind this. We all know she is likely tampering with multiverse. This would have been logical and flowed well for multiverse saga that started in Wandavision. 

Loki fractured the multiverse worse than Wanda ( in fact timeline wise Loki happens before that show )... They don't need to blame her for ANOTHER problem.

Civil war showed that just because it's based on a trash storyline, it does not mean the movie will end up being the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

imo they should have used Wanda as reason major reason behind this. We all know she is likely tampering with multiverse. This would have been logical and flowed well for multiverse saga that started in Wandavision. 

Hell no keep Wanda far away from this mess. This is just using the muliverse as an excuse for camoes, it's not actually about the multiverse at all. Let Wanda's story continue in the actual multiverse movie. 

Just now, Lokis Legion said:

Well it’s exciting box office even if we dislike it. Wasn’t a huge fan of TFA, Joker, TLK, doubt I will be of Avatar 2. Still big numbers are fun to take in vs this likely 15M opener stuff.

Yeah it may get opening but if trailer suggest its gonna be stinker, legs gonna suffer and overall brand will get some hurt too.

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

he can simply see what really happened and guess word of Avenger will mean something against a Fraud who actually was expelled from Stark Industries

...can he? He doesn't have the time stone anymore and only Peter and his friends know Mysterio is evil.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

He’s gotta be pretty close to 18 at this point. And in any case it’s not true that everybody was an idiot as a teenager, or that “of course he can’t handle it.” He’s had years of being a superhero at this point, handling tough situations, and growing from it. If he was outed like halfway through Homecoming or something and freaked out and went to Strange and broke the multiverse, sure I’d be more sympathetic.

The entire purpose of his arc in FFH was him growing out of this sort of behavior. Then I guess he regresses right back.

5 minutes ago, Free Eric said:

Dude it's a kids movie. Chill out.

I feel like saying this in a dismissive way is practically your catchphrase. I get that you’re trying to lower the temperature when you say it, but there’s gotta be a better way. It’s not a good catchphrase, insulting and largely inaccurate, probably actively counterproductive at helping people “chill out.”

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Menor said:

Frankly it just looks this whole movie is an excuse to throw in everyone from previous movies. It just seems kinda dumb honestly. They are just bringing back characters for the sake of it. This is now my least anticipated phase 4 properly (and it was first a year ago). I just hope all of this is resolved by the end of the movie and doesn't ripple over into DS2 because I fear that it will.

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

That last part is the worst for me. There is simply no good reason to introduce all these old characters here other than pure fanservice. This whole movie just seems like 2.5 hours of fanservice and very little story. Hopefully the movie is a lot better than the trailer but I am not convinced. For me this is the worst MCU trailer I have seen.

Oh come now.  When was the last time a tentpole film released in December that was apparently stuffed with fanservice actually turned out to be messy and divisive?

Spoiler

THATSTHEJOKE DOT GIF

Spoiler

Also think that me and Menor, disagreements about the quality of TROS aside, can share a knowing chuckle or three by this point in time. ;)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

It should not be counted together... Some people like me watched both and liked both.

And some people only watch one, so using just Sony isn’t great either. For full completeness you could of course report both figs and adjust to somewhere on the middle, but I’m just going to continue reporting the sum (as we did with FFH iirc) and people can know to adjust down a little when they comp as they feel appropriate.

Peter's decision will probably work better in the film if the first act focuses on the toll it is taking on his friends and family which is much harder for him to deflect or handle as opposed to Tony Stark. I just dislike the idea of the wish being an excuse to have this be a multiverse movie.