Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

11 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I think the question is when comparing equal talent-money being involved what percentage of them worked versus non-asian oriented movie did work, it is not like that majority of attempts for movies in general do not fail.

Disney animation just did one well received with unknown to audience character (which is what most movies tend to be), Crazy Rich Asian before that was a lot of fun and a giant success, The Farewell and Minari very recently, less recent you have Life of Pi, it is easy to see it has ultra overated at the time, but Slumdog Millionaire first watch back when it released was a lot of fun (the energy that light digital camera can bring now is not something that would wow an audience like 13 year's ago)

By Hollywood i'm clearly talking about blockbusters.

It's way easier achieving success when you have a way lower budget and less pressure from studio.

6 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

But they won't be in 2 year gap.

That's only because how huge Marvel has become. IM and IM2 had a 2 year gap in between and the gap between IM2 and IM3 was 3 years to accommodate The Avengers. Thor came out in 2011 and Thor 2 came out in 2013 I would argue the delay in Thor 3 was more to reception of Thor 2. Considering how much money the Spider-Man movies make and the fact they had him in high school I'm not sure the gap would have been much longer if it was a fully controlled Marvel movie.

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It's way easier achieving success when you have a way lower budget and less pressure from studio.

Percentage of failure jump the lower the budget is usually (but you make larger slate to spread it), less pressure is less help from studio.

If you look at say the 500-600 theatrical release of a pre-covid year, the percentage of failure in the lower 100 budget release was much higher than in the Top 100, let alone the giant mass of low budget movies that fail the goal of reaching theatrical.

Imagine a 5M movie, acquired for $7M in a festival receiving a small Weinstein type marketing campaign of $20M, making that $27M back with lower theatrical rental than studios work is not necessarily easier at all than making your $200M movie with a $150m release work (specially in a non DVD. The small movie margin when it work can be giant and make the lower lost but more common on more title, but the percentage of time that it work I doubt would be bigger.

But we were talking about the movie being good, and that the larger the budget usually the more chance the movie will be good (for a long list of reason that is not just having more resource but also the people getting involved are usually top one). It can give a different impression because we are conscious of 100% of the big budget movie and we will have all the failure in mind, when we will be conscious of 5% of the low budget one mostly the best, the same will be for foreign movies, one could think that the average foreign movies is much better than the average domestic one by the fact that virtually the only foreign movie that travels are the Top 1% foreign movie of a year.

Edited by Barnack

12 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

What if this Doctor Strange is a variant ?

Will make this teaser so much better. :bouncy:

If this is What If DS having defeated main DS and doing a deliberate multiverse break as part of some deal with Cthon or whatnot, my opinion on this will 180 so fast y'all heads will snap.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Okay negativity aside , I am really happy that Matt aka Daredevil is back. He is great and excellent addition to MCU.

Really curious to see who else from his universe shows up the next few years as they’re rumored to be…

1 hour ago, Lokis Legion said:

If this is What If DS having defeated main DS and doing a deliberate multiverse break as part of some deal with Cthon or whatnot, my opinion on this will 180 so fast y'all heads will snap.

My issues with whole Mysterio thing being a thing will still remain but as for DS that may be a good twist.

4 hours ago, Cap said:
Spoiler

Hide contents

What if he's not Strange.  Finally!  MEPHISTO WILL RISE!!!!!

I don't know about that, but yeah...take a look again at how Strange re-appears later...  He doesn't look too "heroic" in that encounter with Spidey on the levitating train...in fact, it looks like they are against each other.  Plus, he's dressed differently...darker.  

3 hours ago, RealLyre said:

someone needs to get Zendaya out of these movies though because she has been nothing but a sider character for this whole trilogy :bagoverhead:

"Be careful what you wish for..."

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

You'd probably need Tobey in a major role for this film and the marketing for this film to really want to reach the Raimi era heights. I think that's also a problem I have is that if it's going to be a mulitiverse movie then go all in on it having Tobey and Andrew Garfield in major supporting roles as opposed to cameos.

Who knows what kind of role they have, yet?  If any?  Why would you assume they're just a cameo?  

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

Okay negativity aside , I am really happy that Matt aka Daredevil is back. He is great and excellent addition to MCU.

Hmm... Again, he doesn't show up in this trailer, as far as I can see! 

Unconfirmed (or should I say "Far From Confirmed"), as of yet...

Edited by Macleod

I'm not quite buying this premise as currently pitched in the trailer (but true, we don't know how it all plays out until we see the movie).  While it's great to see some familiar faces, the whole thing does indeed have a Strange-ly familiar ring to it of being the "messy third movie in a trilogy where certain things are undone so that hero can revisit plots from the past."  ...Which is ironically, also what the *first* Spider-Man 3 did!  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Well, if the trailer is indication the first act alone will be an hour 

Ya know it’s funny, without spoiling anything...I read a spoiler summary of this movie a few months back and the main reason people called it fake was cause the summary was so long and so much happened in the first act and now....the trailer seems to have a lot of stuff in it that I saw in the summary 😂💀

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I don't know about that, but yeah...take a look again at how Strange re-appears later...  He doesn't look too "heroic" in that encounter with Spidey on the levitating train...in fact, it looks like they are against each other.  Plus, he's dressed differently...darker.  

My friend and I were literally just talking about that. There’s no one else in that sequence. So unless they took everyone else out of the VFX shot not to spoil things, it’s kind of suspicious. 😈

• Like 1

Setting aside my DISLIKE.

5 Hours Views

You Tube - 31M (12M Sony 4.5 Marvel)

Twitter - 23M (20M Sony 1.5M Japan)

Instagram - 25M (8M Marvel, 5M Marvel Studios, 5M Tom Holland)

Facebook - 12M+

Weibo - 4M+ (3.1M Spiderman, 0.9M Sony China)

Total - 95M+

I don't have Tiktok views. @Gavin Feng can tell us China numbers. Easily 110-120M so far.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Thanks 1