Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

This the first truly huge movie since Covid began, it will get lots of buzz. We'll see how it translates. 

ZERO reason to think this was outperforming post ENDGAME FFH though 

1 hour ago, Knights of Ren said:

This is an easy 1.5B movie pre pandemic. The Christmas release date + wayyyyy more hype than FFH.

1.5 max maybe it never even sniffed anything even close to that but I'll give you 1.5. That's 500 million from 2B

Only Infinity war and endgame even sniffed that for superhero films.

13 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

That's some serious lowballing. Hype for FFH is peanuts compared to NWH

There was massive hype for FFH, post iron man death with amazing cast. 2b is ridiculous. If that's the case should do amazing still. Worried china will screw Sony like Disney. Hope not

20 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This the first truly huge movie since Covid began, it will get lots of buzz. We'll see how it translates. 

ZERO reason to think this was outperforming post ENDGAME FFH though 

I mean I'm ok with assuming it equals that or slightly does better due to Christmas date. But yeah it's kinda cringy to say omg 2B obviously! It has to do amazing basically everywhere and go crazy in China and USA. Easier said than done.

Black panther went insane in the US and didn't even sniff 2B. I'm super pumped to see this and I am massive spiderman nerd.

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Don't be ridiculous. FFH did 1.1 after end game with no pandemic. 1.25 max without pandemic

> “don’t be ridiculous”

> posts massive comical lowball as the “max”

Edited by Lokis Legion
  • Haha 1

For 2010s onward era I think a fairly clear hype top 5 of DH2, TFA, IW, Endgame, this. Other 4 all broke OW record and 3/4 broke preview record. Obviously 360+ wouldn’t be in play for this but I think 260+ would as a summer 2021 in non covid world.

Just now, KP1025 said:

We'll never know for sure how much it could have grossed pre-pandemic, but what are people thinking now for the floor and ceiling WW? Can NWH make it into the Top 10 WW list? Frozen II currently holds the #10 spot at $1.45 billion.

I think it’s possible but really is going to depend on global vaccine rollout, delta come down, and winter seasonal effect.

1 minute ago, Lokis Legion said:

is going to depend on global vaccine rollout, delta come down, and winter seasonal effect.

And the next and next next variant (apparently the Delta is good are staying the top because of how infectious it is so maybe it will be stable or not)

I am not sure how someone brain even start to think about what a December 2021 floor is, the pandemic being such a possible X-factor who knows, Domestic to China. Or a mix of natural immunity and third booster shot for the elderly will have fix it by then and that Christmas will be a back to normal worldwide (in the rich world) official moment.

33 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

For 2010s onward era I think a fairly clear hype top 5 of DH2, TFA, IW, Endgame, this. Other 4 all broke OW record and 3/4 broke preview record. Obviously 360+ wouldn’t be in play for this but I think 260+ would as a summer 2021 in non covid world.

What's DH2?

7 hours ago, KP1025 said:

We'll never know for sure how much it could have grossed pre-pandemic, but what are people thinking now for the floor and ceiling WW? Can NWH make it into the Top 10 WW list? Frozen II currently holds the #10 spot at $1.45 billion.

Seems a bit of a tough ask in this environment.

3 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Every person I've showed this trailer to thinks it looks shit. That being said, I still think it's crossing a billion. The 2nd trailer will blow away the internet if they put Tobey Maquire in it

Got to admit, nothing about it particularly blew me away. It looks fine. Although I wonder if my feelings towards it stem from the fact that everything “big” in the trailer (like Alfred Molina) was leaked months ago. I feel like I’d have had a considerably different reaction to it had I not spoiled myself on all of that.