Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

ENDGAME is the most anticipated film in history by a fair amount. This is obviously not going to approach that films hype levels. This is the first real Marvel trailer to be released in forever and is easily the most high profile fit to open since cover began. Trailer view numbers will prove misleading no doubt.  

I put it closer to the hype for civil war or Ultron imo

10 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Now the question is will it beat TDKR box office numbers globally, and bonus will it beat it inflation adjusted.

I'm hoping for yes for the first one I think the second one is unlikely.

It will sweep past TDKR without breaking a sweat. Box office and hype are different things.

TDKR didn't leg as good as it opened in many markets.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

I agree that boxoffice and hype are different things but this is in the position to pass The Avengers at least and be Marvel's #3 WW. The team up of 3 canon Spideys is an event like the team up of IM, Cap and Thor (and Hulk, BW,Hawkeye) in 2012. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

It will sweep past TDKR without breaking a sweat. Box office and hype are different things.

TDKR didn't leg as good as it opened in many markets.

The only thing I'm worried about is China. Assuming they don't screw them I agree.

42 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

The underestimation of hype by some is hilarious.  No this isn’t reaching Endgame levels but I would easily say it’s at IW levels of hype.  In normal times I would say a 250M+ OW is happening.  This is similar to the nostalgia bomb TFA was in 2015. 

yeah and having Spidermen and villains from old movies in one is a novelty. So nostalgia and novelty combo is going to be a killer at the boxoffice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I agree that boxoffice and hype are different things but this is in the position to pass The Avengers at least and be Marvel's #3 WW. The team up of 3 canon Spideys is an event like the team up of IM, Cap and Thor (and Hulk, BW,Hawkeye) in 2012. 

And it's never been done before which is THEE hook. Which is what happened with the Avengers in 2012. 

Edited by cookieleeann

10 hours ago, Noctis said:

But it's true...aside from Eternals, the Marvel movies are some of the most bland looking blockbusters. 

It's true and idk why it is because it wasn't always this way. I enjoy the films but you can't help but tell something is off and murky.

On 8/24/2021 at 4:43 PM, TheDude391 said:

So Seamus McGarvey had to step down as cinematographer due to scheduling and COVID stuff and on the IMDB page for NWH, there's no one listed for that role. 

So looks like Mauro Fiore has taken over as cinematographer on this film.

https://twitter.com/mavericksmovies/status/1430882804204662784?s=20

Edited by Potomac2001

Bringing back legacy cast worked wonders for Days of Future Past in 2014. The hype for this is through the roof almost immediately. I could definitely see this pushing $400, maybe even $500 million based on the market and the “other” circumstances at the end of the year. It’s also benefitting I think for being the first big event film post covid. One that wasn’t in the public eye since 2019/early 2020 I mean.

People love Spider-Man and always have, if Sony sticks to their guns theatrically this will be massive.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cdsacken said:

I put it closer to the hype for civil war or Ultron imo

Most hyped movie I can remember was "The PHantom Menace".

The level of hype ofr Spidey no way home is huge, yes, but nowhere near TPM levels.

• Like 1

In term of most hype before release, If the image of the Gone With the Wind premiere are real and not propaganda montage of different moments put together by marketing:

it is a bit surrealist has well (a different time before television, when looking at boat leaving dock was an activity, so watching actor in cars was a nice evening considering).

This could be Ultron level considering how much the market is starved for hype has well, there will not have been one of those Avengers-Star wars movie for a record amount of time since since the first Avengers when this release and none announced coming up ?