Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

1 hour ago, john2000 said:

imo it would be huge regardless of the date

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anyone watching a non-biopic movie for black history month in my life. It’s not a ticket sale booster.

I was reading and found this.

"One thing to note is that this would not affect post-productions due to VFX departments and editors not falling under the IATSE union.".

I search more and apparently it's true, anyone can explain me why movies that is finishing post production would be delayed then? Maybe i understand wrong but in my search seems like projects shooting will be affected and could face delays (there's rumours from today that Mandalorian is ready to pause shooting for 90 days already and Marvel is also ready to pause BP2, CM2, Secret Invasion TV Show etc), but projects being finished is hardly pausing.

11 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

"One thing to note is that this would not affect post-productions due to VFX departments and editors not falling under the IATSE union.".

I search more and apparently it's true, anyone can explain me why movies that is finishing post production would be delayed then? Maybe i understand wrong but in my search seems like projects shooting will be affected and could face delays (there's rumours from today that Mandalorian is ready to pause shooting for 90 days already and Marvel is also ready to pause BP2, CM2, Secret Invasion TV Show etc), but projects being finished is hardly pausing.

@Plain Old Tele Is this something you could comment on? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

And there are tons of practical arms in it too. Holland is saying it's all CG in this movie, which sucks. Marvel is so fucking lazy. 

I would think this would be down to a SONY decision.  MARVEL/Feige is producing the movie "creatively" (which of course can include visual effects, depending on how well the creative team negotiates with the studio) but it remains unclear how much Marvel are involved in every single element of production.  

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

He already did -- you need all kinds of people just to even "finish" a major movie like this.  It's very likely that somewhere along the process, someone still involved in this film would be going on Strike, if it happens.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

The statement is partly incorrect. VFX crews are not under the IATSE banner, but animation editors, assistant editors, colorists, foley artists, music editors, trailer editors, and regular old picture editors all are, as are engineers, re-recording/scoring editors, sound editors, sound utility techs, and videotape operators (in fact, they’re all in the same division of IATSE, — Local 700, my guild.)

I can’t speak as to which productions would get delayed and for how long, but basically anything that hasn’t already mastered final DCP prints for exhibition would likely be affected — which means anything that’s not coming out in the next couple weeks. 

Productions tend to stay in post until the last minute. For example, ETERNALS finally finished their IMAX versions yesterday (and tbh that’s a little early compared to a lot of tentpoles).

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Why are you using some rumor mill as a source? You know this is bullshit when a simple google search would show you that editors do fall under IATSE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Editors_Guild

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

The statement is partly incorrect. VFX crews are not under the IATSE banner, but animation editors, assistant editors, colorists, foley artists, music editors, trailer editors, and regular old picture editors all are, as are engineers, re-recording/scoring editors, sound editors, sound utility techs, and videotape operators (in fact, they’re all in the same division of IATSE, — Local 700, my guild.)

Yeah that makes sense, i imagine it's being too simplistic but it's hard finding something clear these days, that's why i ask, thank you.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

If an MCU shift had to happen, my choice would be for the following…

NWH to President’s Day weekend. 
MOM to the first week of May 

L&T to July 4th weekend 

Wakanda Forever to Labor Day Weekend

The Marvels stays the same 

I think this is the sweet spot as well. Despite personally liking the idea of a quick 1-2 punch with NWH DS2, I bet they want more room to breathe for marketing. And pushing DS2/Thor/BP2 a few months accounts for them being directly impacted by a strike as well.

• Like 1

Let's just say this is coming out on December 17 as planned....

How many of you think this can be the 8th opening weekend over $200 million? I feel like this film has everything going for it as far as being a rare event. Like if anything post pandemic is going to hit that mark, it would be this, at least until another Avengers movie comes out.

33 minutes ago, Val357 said:

How many of you think this can be the 8th opening weekend over $200 million? I feel like this film has everything going for it as far as being a rare event. Like if anything post pandemic is going to hit that mark, it would be this, at least until another Avengers movie comes out.

If COVID continues its downward trend (which will impact audience sentiment on theater going more than any closures would, domestically speaking) then I feel pretty great about it getting $200m. For the millennial/Gen Z audience, I think the nostalgia effect this movie is going to have will be on par with TFA

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Val357 said:

IMO BP2 is an easy 200+ and Thor+gotg3 have decent shots with outside shots from DS2, JW dominion, and marvels.

• Astonished 1