The Wild Eric

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

18 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

@Menor @Eternal Legion @charlie Jatinder

What are y'all feeling on this in terms of worldwide total? Lets say one number with China and one without, just in case.

Right now I'm feeling about $1.35B without China, and $1.65B with China. 

Charlie probably would have a better sense, but given the ratios for other MCU films this year, your numbers seem about right. I could see NWH having a higher international percentage as MCU origin movies seem to overperform domestically. 

10 minutes ago, Menor said:

Charlie probably would have a better sense, but given the ratios for other MCU films this year, your numbers seem about right. I could see NWH having a higher international percentage as MCU origin movies seem to overperform domestically. 

Yea I was kinda looking at NTTD's OS numbers and extrapolating from there. If NWH is what we all expect it to be (I can't prognosticate quality) then I think about $700M OS-C is possible. Obviously I'm into it for about $650M DOM based on my club. 

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

Yea I was kinda looking at NTTD's OS numbers and extrapolating from there. If NWH is what we all expect it to be (I can't prognosticate quality) then I think about $700M OS-C is possible. Obviously I'm into it for about $650M DOM based on my club. 

to be honest with you , i will say that 1bill os-china is possible if some early predictions for certain markets come indeed true.Far from home made 550 mill without china , no way home isnt just a sequel is way way more than that, so if things with covid dont get much worse then yes i really think that 1 billion without china could be possible, though maybe i overestimate the hype ....

Edited by john2000

I think the DOM boost vs FFH will be roughly matched in old OS markets but not as high in newer OS markets, so overall less OS-C. Maybe 600+600 WW-C (I know I’m in the club right now, but just barely, rounding a little here). China sure, 300 maybe, been a very weird year for Hollywood there and mcu especially but GvK and F9 did fine and I expect venom2 will as well. Lack of MCU releases could plausibly help, or maybe hurt, real wildcard market right now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, john2000 said:

to be honest with you , i will say that 1bill os-china is possible if some early predictions for certain markets come indeed true.Far from home made 550 mill without china , no way home isnt just a sequel is way way more than that, so if things with covid dont get much worse then yes i really think that 1 billion without china could be possible, though maybe i overestimate the hype ....

Oh yea I mean in theory I could see it doing $1B OS-C but I really don't know how many OS markets are doing COVID wise and all that. I don't keep up with them like I do the domestic market. The nostalgia factor here could boost it up high in traditionally weaker MCU markets (Europe, Japan, etc.) Obviously there's still a lot of factors at play here beyond COVID, which we need to see but I'm confident in $1B worldwide for sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, VenomXXR said:

Oh yea I mean in theory I could see it doing $1B OS-C but I really don't know how many OS markets are doing COVID wise and all that. I don't keep up with them like I do the domestic market. The nostalgia factor here could boost it up high in traditionally weaker MCU markets (Europe, Japan, etc.) Obviously there's still a lot of factors at play here beyond COVID, which we need to see but I'm confident in $1B worldwide for sure. 

europe is in a great shape , asia starts to recover as for latin america that region had showed that its in a decent shape for a movie they care about (AKA venom 2)

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

numbers of infections are increasing all over Europe

it doesnt matter i am not looking at infections , i am looking are covid policies.Here in greece we have reached all time covid high , yet the full covid vaxx people are 60% and the goverment hasnt implented any harmfull economically speaking policies.

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

I keep seeing this sentiment but I don't think critics really care about fan service, it's the audiences that'll go nuts for it.

After so-called "critics" essentially propped up ten years of Marvel movies that eventually got pretty formulaic, even if entertaining in the moment?  Half of the "critics" that the GA pays attention to (if they do at all) are basically fanboys.  And the Raimi movies are still viewed very highly within the genre in general.  Unless the movie's a real howler, it will be received well.  Though nothing is certain, indeed...considering we don't even know what or who is in this movie, yet...officially.  But why else would they be keeping it so secret?  It reveals itself.