The Wild Eric

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

HANDS, baby Deep Wang, that's all you need!!  I'm telling you -- as I mentioned prior in this thread -- just show Holland's Spidey in peril, or transition that final shot of Spidey-hand to two other Spidey-hands reaching out...and there you have it, that's all you need.  

Reveal hidden contents

Hands??

Nah, I don't see that.  The hands aren't as unique and easy to identify as the whole suit.  

There's a shot in the trailer towards the end where Spidey does the three-point landing on the top of the Statue of Liberty.  He's center frame, so I think that the last shot should have been that one.  Wait a beat and then the other two drop down next to him and the cut to black.  

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

Not with a midnight release. Maybe had they waited and told everyone "9AM EST" so then there would be a specific target during a time when a lot more people would be awake. 

I actually think it's far more likely now. Midnight est is 9pm pst, but 9am est is 6am pst. I think far more people will be awake than they'd be at 9

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I actually think it's far more likely now. Midnight est is 9pm pst, but 9am est is 6am pst. I think far more people will be awake than they'd be at 9

US population is about 50/50 split between EST and everyone else (47.6% vs 52.4%).  Surprising, perhaps, but there you are. 

EDIT:

From a quick Google glance...
Eastern:     47.6%

Central:     29.1%

Mountain:   6.7%

Pacific:       16.6%

Even if the percentages have moved slightly haven't moved that much.

(Alaska and Hawaii have a little more than 2.1 million combined residents, or about 0.006%)

Edited by Porthos

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

US population is about 50/50 split between EST and everyone else (47.6% vs 52.4%).  Surprising, perhaps, but there you are. 

EDIT:

From a quick Google glance...
Eastern:     47.6%

Central:     29.1%

Mountain:   6.7%

Pacific:       16.6%

Even if the percentages have moved slightly haven't moved that much.

(Alaska and Hawaii have a little more than 2.1 million combined residents, or about 0.006%)

The average American goes to bed at 1130. 30 minutes isn't too unreasonable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

By that same measurement, the "average American" wakes up at 7am.  One hour earlier isn't too unreasonable, either.

A lot of offshore markets -especially in Europe and Latam- have started their presales since midnight for years and their services crashed for stuff like Star Wars or Avengers. Can't see how that won't be similar for US

Edited by Carlangonz

18 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I'd love to see where this number comes from lol. As a working American with "normal" hours, I can guarantee you the average isn't nearly midnight. 

Either way you shake it, the hours are odd. Endgame released the correct way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Tickets on sale in the UK now, no midnight shows though

Let us know how sales are looking, if you could. The UK is generally pretty good for the MCU and usually does about a 7.5-to-1 dollar ratio (give or take) compared to domestic.

Edited by VenomXXR

27 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

A lot of offshore markets -especially in Europe and Latam- have started their presales since midnight for years and their services crashed for stuff like Star Wars or Avengers. Can't see how that won't be similar for US

The Cineworld website in the UK is craaaaawwwllling right now.