Eric Atreides

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

17 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

Err… reread? Gotg is disqualified from being a trilogy without a great movie because it already has a great movie 😛 

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

He literally said GOTG is a great film

The team up we've all been waiting for :ohmygod:

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

GOTG is 2/2 on great films so far, and personally am expecting Gunn to make it the trio. 

Not sure gotg2 quite makes my personal bar, but it will hopefully be the first with multiple and almost certainly the maximin.   

Edit: I am an idiot, TWS+CW is already multiple.

Edited by Villain Legion
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Menor Reborn said:

GOTG is 2/2 on great films so far, and personally am expecting Gunn to make it the trio. 

The most consistent MCU franchise. Potentially has the ability to sit next to Avengers where the movies in the series are at least good (Ultron is solid 3/5) and can be the first MCU franchise where all of the movies are great.

So far, those with trilogies have had one bad movie. Iron Man had Iron Man 2, Captain America had Civil War, Thor had the first two Thors, Spider-Man had Far From Home.

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Villain Legion said:

Civil War is better than any of the other nonCap solos

Civil War is easily the weakest MCU flick in the past six years. Well, second to Far From Home.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

GOTG 2 is closest to being AOU levels of average than being as great as the first.

Gunn's humour multiplied by 3 hurted that film, let alone destroying Drax in the process.

Edited by Fox20
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

4 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

GOTG 2 is closest to being AOU levels of average than being as great as the first.

Gunn's humour multiplied by 3 hurted that film, let alone destroying Drax in the process.

It's not even comparable to AoU. Has some of the best character development and emotional moments in the MCU, while also being the nicest looking of all.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Iron Man 1, GoTG 1?

Was gonna include Black Panther and No Way Home too but I do prefer Civil War over those movies. 

CW IM1 GOtG1 are my overall 4-6 so I certainly wouldn’t object much to any permutation

Assuming the sequel to NWH comes some time in 2024, what kind of domestic number would you predict? 

I’m guessing it’ll go much smaller in its themes and scale which lead me to believe a precipitous drop will follow. 

$550M w/ December release 

$510M w/ Summer release 

$475M outside of those

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MultiverseXXR said:

Assuming the sequel to NWH comes some time in 2024, what kind of domestic number would you predict? 

No one will care about covid in 2024 anymore so that should help.

Bring in Venom if they want the next trilogy to start off on a high note.

From Matt Belloni’s latest newsletter 

The Chinese Had One Note on Spider-Man

Here’s a crazy anecdote: Back at the end of 2021, Sony Pictures was stressing over whether Chinese regulators would allow Spider-Man: No Way Home into the country. The previous two Tom Holland Spideys, produced by Marvel Studios, had grossed $116 million and $200 million in China, respectively. So getting the film in, despite all the recent rejections of big-budget U.S. tentpoles, was a top priority for Sony’s leaders, Tony Vinciquerra and Tom Rothman.

According to multiple sources, when the authorities got back to Sony, they had a request: Delete the Statue of Liberty from the ending of the film. Yes, seriously. As anyone who’s seen No WayHome knows, the entire climactic action sequence takes place with a trio of Spider-Men swinging over and around Lady Liberty as they battle the supervillains. Plus, without getting too into MCU plot points, the Statue plays a larger role in the Marvel movies. It was an outrageous ask...

Edited by AJG
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1