Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

51 minutes ago, Verrows said:

That makes a lot of sense to me but I should say I'm also going on the hunch that Sony doesn't want to wait that long. I would be pleasantly surprised if they did, but I just picture them rubbing their hands together on glee after NWH and chomping at the bit to get another Spider-Man cash cow out there.

But yes, your plan would totally work for me. You're right that he doesn't need to be in KD. It's ultimately up to Feige though.

Imma guess he is. Marvel don´t have Downey or Evans for this so leaving their biggest hero out even though it could make sense narratively prob won´t happen. But who knows. Also Kang Dynasti is def moving back a year.

Edited by thajdikt

32 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Imma guess he is. Marvel don´t have Downey or Evans for this so leaving their biggest hero out even though it could make sense narratively prob won´t happen. But who knows. Also Kang Dynasti is def moving back a year.

Man if that happens, Marvel better be able to wow audiences in the meantime. The MCU is losing some momentum and people are starting to say "What is this all building up to?". If they delayed it to 2026 that's a LONG wait for for a franchise whose fans are asking that question right now.

Edited by Verrows

7 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Man if that happens, Marvel better be able to wow audiences in the meantime. The MCU is losing some momentum and people are starting to say "What is this all building up to?". If they delayed it to 2026 that's a LONG wait for for a franchise whose fans are asking that question right now.

Fans are fans, the fact that they call themselves fans but couldn´t see where this was going without Feige standing on a stage announcing shit says all about them. Marvel can´t have a Phase 4 especially on the movies side. They need to get them right. The GA is more important than fans that will complain no matter what. If they deliver on that they momentum will get stronger.  That schedule is way tight right now. But we will see, for all we know they may not delay it. They could delay some other movies that are less important for the overall saga.

On 12/26/2022 at 8:52 PM, thajdikt said:

The MCU schedule as we know it now will.change. Several stuff is getting delayed with Marvel evaluating their approach for. phase 5 and 6. So the schedule will prob get more breathing space

This is all rumor/speculation, at this point...but I'd agree it's likely to happen, yes...because they've done it before, it's really not unusual.  Marvel Studios is like Ego the Living Planet, an ever-evolving brain-trust that consistently formulates new paths based on current trajectories and success/failure percentages.   But Marvel/Feige don't control where SONY puts their Spidey-verse movies, and I'm not so sure Feige even has a say in how/where Rothman dates Spider-Man sequels. 

Edited by Macleod

On 12/27/2022 at 7:28 AM, thajdikt said:

So they are introducing Kang to a bigger audience in Ant-Man 3, and then they will forget him for 3 years? I don't think that would happen, and if they shift Kang Dynasty to the end of July 2025 and release SM4 early in July, then it will result in oversaturation of MCU movies.

On 12/27/2022 at 4:53 PM, poweranimals said:

Source?

Yeah no source no luck. I don’t see anything moving, and no trades reported such. What is likely correct that we will have other films, important reminder that the Spider-Man films aren’t first announced by Kevin Feige but Sony.