chasmmi

The Winter Game Approaches - Results are finally in

2 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

We still have tomorrow right? 

3 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Is the deadline for preseason 11:59 pm PST on Nov 1? Please let it be that coz thats the impression that I had been operating on. 

@chasmmi

3 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Feeling a bit too busy for this with Survivor still active for me and some other stuff going on in my life. Planning to follow along as an observer and then join the 2020 summer games in earnest.

The official Deadline for this game is November 1st at 11:59pm (or the early hours of Friday morning before any numbers come in).

• Like 5

As a follow up to @chasmmi, I've just reviewed the pre-season entries so far and the following players have entered theirs correctly : (I haven't checked for doubles though)

(I haven't checked weeklies, SOTM's or QOTW)

@chasmmi, @Mike Hunt, @BobDole, @Wrath, @glassfairy, @bcf26, @Inceptionzq, @Fancyarcher, @JJ-8 (me), @The Panda, @captainwondyful

@Kalo - you have only answered parts A, B and most of Part G - you haven't answered anything else.

@ZeeSoh - you've posted but have no answers in your post ? - you might want to add some answers ;)

We still don't have answers from (this is the final SPAM being sent as we are now in the 3 hour window before answers for pre-season must be in) ~ I've included as you are normally in the game..... :

@baumer, @Plain Old Tele, @grim22, @Water Bottle, @WrathOfHan, @SchumacherFTW, @narniadis, @Chewy, @MrPink, @Sheikh, @YourMother the Edgelord, @Eric Connor, @kayumanggi, @MovieMan89, @Spaghetti, @darkelf, @Filmovie, @Jake Gittes, @The Dark Alfred, @24Lost, @aabattery, @Blankments, @Premium George, @grey ghost, @That One Guy, @jj99, @Infernus, @Cmasterclay, @Deja23, @Empire, @druv10, @AndyLL, @Keanu, @Exxdee, @DeeCee, @Thanos Legion, @PanaMovie, @elcaballero.  I may have missed someone - please tag them if you think they are in or wanted to enter......

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

As a follow up to @chasmmi, I've just reviewed the pre-season entries so far and the following players have entered theirs correctly : (I haven't checked for doubles though)

(I haven't checked weeklies, SOTM's or QOTW)

@chasmmi, @Mike Hunt, @BobDole, @Wrath, @glassfairy, @bcf26, @Inceptionzq, @Fancyarcher, @JJ-8 (me), @The Panda, @captainwondyful

@Kalo - you have only answered parts A, B and most of Part G - you haven't answered anything else.

@ZeeSoh - you've posted but have no answers in your post ? - you might want to add some answers ;)

We still don't have answers from (this is the final SPAM being sent as we are now in the 3 hour window before answers for pre-season must be in) ~ I've included as you are normally in the game..... :

@baumer, @Plain Old Tele, @grim22, @Water Bottle, @WrathOfHan, @SchumacherFTW, @narniadis, @Chewy, @MrPink, @Sheikh, @YourMother the Edgelord, @Eric Connor, @kayumanggi, @MovieMan89, @Spaghetti, @darkelf, @Filmovie, @Jake Gittes, @The Dark Alfred, @24Lost, @aabattery, @Blankments, @Premium George, @grey ghost, @That One Guy, @jj99, @Infernus, @Cmasterclay, @Deja23, @Empire, @druv10, @AndyLL, @Keanu, @Exxdee, @DeeCee, @Thanos Legion, @PanaMovie, @elcaballero.  I may have missed someone - please tag them if you think they are in or wanted to enter......

Watching Terminator currently then gonna eat, gonna be very tight for me with the deadline

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Could i possibly throw a preseason together in half an hour?

There’s no BOM, so yeah basically you’re totally good. Throw those darts at a wall. 

• Like 1

I'll have a bit of time on my hands so can help with scoring:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mtMM-AmLLtYIym3lsIULzZ-t-T9aWNM6J-xfotB3Npw/edit?usp=sharing

Notes:

1. Week 1 question 9 (Will Inside Game have a higher PTA than The Portal?) left unscored, 2 weeks out there are numbers for Inside Game but not for Portal 2: Pro Box Office has Inside Game at $57,739 at one theater while Deadline has it at a close-but-different $57,608 but at 128 theaters, regardless, with nothing to compare it against question cannot be score

2. Sheikh didn't quite give a straightforward answer to week 1 question 17 (Will Gemini Man have the worst PTA in the top 10? 2000 Gemini Man will not be in the top 10, but it will have the worst PTA) but given that they specified they didn't think it'd be in the top 10 technically that's a no answer, as loathe as I am to do so, points awarded.

3. Week 2 question 10 (Will Mr. Toilet have a PTA above $5,000?) is awaiting figures for the foreign movie. Currently and probably permanently left unscored

Though my spreadsheets can get very, very convoluted, if anything looks wrong / the scores look off just let me know

I'll usually have a tab up sometime on Saturday so you can check the scores as estimates come in for the current weekend

Scores:

Week 1 - No surprised, sheikh took the lead

Sheikh 93
Fancyarcher 79
captainwondyful    79
BobDole 77
Inceptionzq 68
JJ-8 67
Wrath 66
ZeeSoh 65
glassfairy 57
chasmmi 53
bcf26 50

Week 2 - Sheikh #1 again (though on the whole everyone had suckass scores from the box office implosion) but The Panda coming in strong at #2 after missing the first week. Over half of Panda's wk2 points came from 2 within-1%-guesses in Part B netting them the max 15k points x2, making up for a worst-of-the-players 4 correct in part A (including the #20 gimme) but helped by being one of 2 players to get 2 right in part C (nobody else managed more than 1 correct in part C)

Sheikh 66
The Panda 56
ZeeSoh 46
chasmmi 41
Inceptionzq 36
glassfairy 31
Fancyarcher 31
captainwondyful 31
Wrath 24
BobDole 24
JJ-8 21
bcf26 16

Cume - Sheikh is out on top with half the players' scores hitting six figures and half below

Sheikh 93 66 159
ZeeSoh 65 46 111
Fancyarcher 79 31 110
captainwondyful 79 31 110
Inceptionzq 68 36 104
BobDole 77 24 101
chasmmi 53 41 94
Wrath 66 24 90
glassfairy 57 31 88
JJ-8 67 21 88
bcf26 50 16 66
The Panda 0 56 56

Edited by BobDole
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Wrath said:

I have to protest the QotW this week. It was open for like 6 hours and they weren't regular hours so I just assumed it wasn't happening and didn't check.

It was open for around 14 hours, I closed it about 2 hours back (although it should have been closed much much earlier). But yeah it was opened very late so im tagging @chasmmi to see what he says. 

I had also written to him about 2 people editing and changing their predictions and answers till about noon est today because the thread was still open. 

@Wrath   @ZeeSoh   @everyone

I do apologise that this Winter has been a bit of a shitshow. There's been work, travel and surgery-based stuff that has made me pretty pisspoor at managing this thing this year and I've kind of been just trying to get questions out and hope it keeps everyone happy until the end and then we can all start again from Scratch for Summer.

QOTW did stay locked until horribly late and without any mention that it was opened. I think It is harsh to punish people that did not see it. Additionally as it was essentially a slam dunk question, I think it is best to mark it as correct for everybody, whether they answered or not. 

With the weekly questions, I've kind of unofficially run a policy of if thread is open, you are free to post/edit. But that was also on a theory that if I ever was late locking it, it still wasn't like crazy, post numbers late and such. 

As such I think that I should let any part A changes stand as it is my mistake, but I think part B predictions should be reverted to the latest pre-actuals predictions, as there are more advantages points at stake there. 

I don't think anybody was trying to do anything Insidious or The Conjuring, I just need to get more on top of things (With the whole 8 days to go that the Winter Game has). 

• Like 1