Eric Duncan

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

Yeah, people shouldn't wait a 3x multiplier for Joker.

Deadpool 1 and 2: A CinemaScore

Logan: A- CinemaScore

None of them got a 3x multiplier. Joker will probably mirror Venom's domestic performance, given it got the same October release date. They even got the same CinemaScore. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yeah, people shouldn't wait a 3x multiplier for Joker.

Deadpool 1 and 2: A CinemaScore

Logan: A- CinemaScore

None of them got a 3x multiplier. Joker will probably mirror Venom's domestic performance, given it got the same October release date. They even got the same CinemaScore. 

Venom appealed more to females & the rom-com crowd. don't think it's a great comparison for Joker.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Without going into spoilers what was it you disliked so much?

I thought it was pretty good. Really sad, Arthur needs a hug :( 

The first 3/4 were a bore to me before descending into actively being horrified (not in a good way). Just didn't work for me on any level. The audience I was with seemed to get a kick out of it, though.

• Sad 1

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

There's a correlation between CinemaScore and Best Picture nominees?  Oh wait Vice was a C+  ...   so no,  no correlation. 

wolf of wall street C+

The revenant  B+

American Sniper A+

12 years a slave A

Gravity A-

Mad Max B+

there is no telling although A+ cinemascore scream Oscar BP winner more than usual.

DO NOT post any plot details of the movie no matter how small or  how obvious it seems to you.

It leads to people discussing the post which tends to lead to bigger spoilers being posted

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

What the fuck just happened?  Where's that tweet?

Think it was deleted because it may or may not have had spoilers in it (I have no idea, I haven't seen the movie yet). If only there was a way to link tweets on here without embedding. But yeah, some douche in NYC was removed by security for spitting on people in the theater among other things as the movie was going. He (and other people who decide to behave like that in general, for any movie) deserved it.

Edited by filmlover
  • Thanks 1

Just got back from the theater, and wow... that was a GREAT movie. I loved how many questions it left unanswered, and how you never really felt like you were on solid ground at any point in the film. Excellent direction and screenplay, and the score, cinematography, and editing were all Oscar level, IMO. And yeah, Phoenix. That was a performance for the ages. 9/10 for me. I won't watch it multiple times like I did WW, but I think it's right up there with that and TDK as the best things that DC has ever done.

Also, I went with a group of 25 tonight, and I decided to conduct a totally unscientific poll after the movie to see what people thought. There were 14 guys and 11 girls, ages 17-63, with an average age in the low 30's. Three of the group were hard core DC freaks, two were filmmakers, and the rest were pretty mainstream- Netflix and maybe 6-8 movies a year. I asked everybody to rate the film on a scale of 1-10. Here are the results:

Average score- 9.12

No real difference between male and female.

The lowest score, a 7, was from the oldest member of the group, but he still really enjoyed it. Three people said it was the best movie they'd seen this year. All 25 people said they would recommend it.

I know it's a super small sample but it still seems to bode well for WOM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If only there was a way to link tweets on here without embedding. 

When you post a Tweet, after it auto-embeds, there is a link at the bottom that says "Display as link instead".

Clicking on that will switch it to a link.  You can also link to tweets by slapping mobile.twitter.com on the front of the URL.

===

One warning I think the forum software will sometimes auto-embed a linked tweet when quoted.  At least I think I've seen that.  So to be on the safe side, going the mobile.twitter.com route usually works.

(also saying there's a spoiler at the link might be good)

((Not that any of this constitutes official advice just commenting on how to display tweets as links and nothing more; check in with Staff if you're unsure about rules and whatnot))

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

(also saying there's a spoiler at the link might be good)

Tagged spoilers are banned in weekend threads.

Spoiler

Silly rule, imo but then again I care very little about other people movie spoilers and the sort.

Hidden comment is not a spoiler but an opinion

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun