Eric Atreides

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

these predictions from Monday have Joker at 45/195 next weekend assuming a potential 300 million total

45 - Joker - 195

15 - Addams Family - 15

15 - Gemini Man - 15

8.0 - Abominable - 48.0

4.77 - Jexi - 4.77

4.0 - Downtown Abbey - 79.0

3.0 - Hustlers - 95.0

3.0 - IT: Chapter Two - 206.0

3.0 - AD Astra - 50.0

2.5 - Rambo - 44.0

0.6 - The Lion King - 542.0

40 - Friday

39 - Saturday

26 - Sunday = 105 million OW

10 - Monday

13 - Tuesday

9 - Wednesday

8 - Thursday = 155 million 7-day

13 - Friday 

20 - Saturday

12 - Sunday = 45 million, 200 million cumulation

-50% 2nd set of weekdays, 20 million / 220 million

-30% 3rd weekend, 30 million, 250 total

-50% 3rd set of weekdays, 10 million / 260 million

-50% 4th weekend, 15 million, 275 total

11 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Really was impressed with the quality of Downton Abbey for such a tiny budget. I never watched the show but I really liked the movie. Wife loved it.

If you go to England it's worth checking out. It's still beautiful.

Highclere Castle, manor house setting for Downton abbey, is about 20 miles up the road from me.

Its open for visitors.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Highclere Castle, manor house setting for Downton abbey, is about 20 miles up the road from me.

Its open for visitors.

That's awesome! It was quite the drive for us. 2.5 hours away if Traffic was good. So 3+ lol

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

It could still hold well in Sat/Sun and barely make it to 100M.Still the OS numbers are crazy.It’s playing like a big PG-13 blockbuster.

cause many OS countries are more liberal when it comes to sex and violence in movies than US so these movies get softer ratings. 

To those thinking the bleakness of Joker will ruin its legs...I offer Avengers: Infinity War.  Now, yes, we all knew that there would be another movie that would try to make a dent in the bleakness, but dang...that movie was a gut punch that dragged more and more people in to see it:).

So, don't automatically discount Joker's legs seeing the current movie goer thoughts...so far, they are pretty darn positive in the aggregate, just like IW's were:)...

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

To those thinking the bleakness of Joker will ruin its legs...I offer Avengers: Infinity War.  Now, yes, we all knew that there would be another movie that would try to make a dent in the bleakness, but dang...that movie was a gut punch that dragged more and more people in to see it:).

So, don't automatically discount Joker's legs seeing the current movie goer thoughts...so far, they are pretty darn positive in the aggregate, just like IW's were:)...

Probably highs 50s drop them should stabilize imo

It will stretch to more audiences than CBMs but not like standard r rated drama. It's about a homicidal criminal in a clown costume who is a comic book villain. Narrows the demographic but the incredible wom and uniqueness helps it more than traditional cbms. Kinda like EG definitely stretched beyond what even IW did. IMO if course.

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Hmm. I never quite got that notion, of IW being bleak. It played like most other MCU movies up to the finale. Which, yes, if you bought for one second that all those characters would stay dead, was bleak. But it wasn't an oppressive, uncomfortable, slow burn for two and a half hours before that. Which, I suppose, is what made the loss in the end hit harder, as audiences hadn't been pummeled into depression for the rest of the movie. Endgame, though... 

Just now, reddevil19 said:

Hmm. I never quite got that notion, of IW being bleak. It played like most other MCU movies up to the finale. Which, yes, if you bought for one second that all those characters would stay dead, was bleak. But it wasn't an oppressive, uncomfortable, slow burn for two and a half hours before that. Which, I suppose, is what made the loss in the end hit harder, as audiences hadn't been pummeled into depression for the rest of the movie. Endgame, though... 

IW definitely wasn't bleak. Everyone and their mother knew the snap would be reversed. I think it really propelled people to see EG. It's like watching part of a season finale that ends horribly bad. You have to see the second part for closure. IW was awesome the whole way then had that wtf ending where the bad guy wins. Lol imagine if they ended it like that.

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Comparing the bleaknesss of Joker to that of IW seems... off. IW is still a huge event movie with plenty of spectacle. I haven't seen Joker but safe to say it is not that. Maybe it can manage a 55-56% drop but 60% or more would be no surprise.