Eric Atreides

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

7 hours ago, A Star is Orm said:

You DID get BOP? Ha, okay there's goes my theory. I guess it was just the luck of the draw.

Yep I did.  However my friend in a different theater didn't get it

I just ran report across AMC reserved show(6014 shows) and it has sold more than 3rd of all the seats. That's almost 5m gross considering its dominated by PLF in large cities where prices go as high as $26!!!!!

Joker(Day 2 sales). - 382928/1125173

I am able to split the large file and run it across multiple process and so it ran in 35 minutes. I will run again at night to get a report. This will miss sellouts and so it should underreport based on how many sellouts there are. at least I hope to compare with tomorrow and to get % drop on sunday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I was even in tears by the end.

Get Happy.  My God, Get Happy.

I don't agree with the assessment that she needed to be dubbed though, I thought her singing voice was perfect for what the film was trying to convey,

Same

but everything else BKR said is solid. 

I laughed SO HARD at her aside about "and the judy garland produced this video of Judy and Babs that I watch like once a week" cause: Same girl.  Same.  Only mine is:

8 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Saw it yesterday and liked it. My friend on the other hand loved it (even more than Endgame and he wanted to see it a second time which he doesn't do with movies)

I loooove how because I read @Fancyarcher's post, I thought you were talking about Judy.  I went, "Yeah, I think I liked it about the same as Endgame, too, and want to take my Mom like tomorrow to see it again.

Then I was like.

Oh.

Wait.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

With a 32M Saturday (which is awesome) of it follows..

Venom-97.8

It 2-91.2

Logan- 96.5

Between Venom and Logan is where I think it will land.

Venom has a holiday Sun hold (Columbus day). Logan has a bit of spring break. Above a 35% drop would be great for Joker. With 32 Sat 35% would be 92.7M

1 hour ago, Eric! said:

YESSS. Saw the movie yesterday, but I haven't watched this yet. But BKR is one of like 7 YouTube movie channels that are actually good, and I'm happy I'm not the only one here who watches her.

What are the other 6?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

its such a big success that sequel is inevitable. I wish it existed in its own universe with its own batman. But its gonna exist without any "Meta human"

IMO,Joker being a success was written in stone ever since the film was announced with a small budget.Sure as things were confirmed left and right it seemed even more of a surefire hit, especially when Joaquin Phoenix agreed to play the role.But still that doesn’t make the sequel inevitable.I still think that Phoenix would need a lot of convincing to commit.

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Are we frontloading, Asgardian?

I didn't check. RTH has given noon estimates, it must be close. After Friday margin of err9e is very low. I will post actuals around 5AM EST.

I was saying nope to the fact that 97 will be enough to fudge to 100.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So happy for Joaquin Phoenix that the Joker blew up. It has a relatively low budget and is already profitable in its first week. It2 and Joker have given WB two decisive wins after a lackluster year thus far. DC films are having a good run. This is the third straight film with good (Joker and Aquaman)/great (Shazam) reviews and profitable. Hope BoP continues trend leading into WW next summer. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

You guys put too much weight on Cinemascore. Wasn't it proven long ago it's based on relatively few exit interviews, and with questions based mostly on whether expectations were met or not? 

I remember filling out a survey for Detective Pikachu. I wonder if it was them.

2 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Be Kind Rewind just posted a 20 minute companion video to Judy, and I'm like, this is why you're my favorite Channel on YouTube.  I'm just going to link it, cause it does spoiler the movie, including the ending, but like, the level of STANNING in this is glorious.  Even If I disagree with her on her complaints about the film, mostly that it should have been a more standard biopic, and that they should have dubbed Renee.  But she did make a good point: The lack of backstory/establishing Judy Garland as a legend didn't bother me, because I know Judy Garland and her history.  So I wonder if that will affect others opinions on it?

I love Be Kind Rewind and just watched this video tonight. It's such a great channel and anyone into the history of Best Actress would really enjoy it, there are videos breaking down different years, from the 1930s to today. If only it updated more often! 

I think the people who made this Judy Garland biopic figured the audience is at least 75% stans who already know a ton about her, plus Academy voters looking for the requisite level of mimicry and dramatics to give Renee the win. Contextualizing Judy's celebrity was a bit down the list of priorities here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

its such a big success that sequel is inevitable.

Correct and anybody thinking otherwise was being naive. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Be Kind Rewind just posted a 20 minute companion video to Judy, and I'm like, this is why you're my favorite Channel on YouTube.  I'm just going to link it, cause it does spoiler the movie, including the ending, but like, the level of STANNING in this is glorious.  Even If I disagree with her on her complaints about the film, mostly that it should have been a more standard biopic, and that they should have dubbed Renee.  But she did make a good point: The lack of backstory/establishing Judy Garland as a legend didn't bother me, because I know Judy Garland and her history.  So I wonder if that will affect others opinions on it?

Certainly better than that fried-haired moron Grace whateverthefuck. Randolph?