Eric Atreides

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Go away. 

I’d love to see Disney try to open an R rated drama about a mentally ill clown to $90m.

They fear adult films. 

That's why we need studios that are not owned by Disney. Including Netflix. Hollywood's aversion to streaming is ridiculous as they actually preserve adult content. except Disney Plus of course. 

• Like 3

Just now, TMP said:

It is kind of boring that only Disney is getting $100m OWs. Had hopes for Joker. Maybe WB can fudge?

it's pretty boring that you've played the exact same tune every time a non disney tentpole opens too. freshen up the act a little.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

That's why we need studios that are not owned by Disney. Including Netflix. Hollywood's aversion to streaming is ridiculous as they actually preserve adult content. except Disney Plus of course. 

Still holding out hope they'll continue releasing more mature-targeting movies under the Fox name.

So what happens with Disney when Star Wars 9 ends,Marvel slows down and there are no more old animations to remake?

And then there are the Fox properties.Sure Avatar  Will help them remain at the top for some more years but what’s beyond that?The year when another studio gets one of their movies at the top of the yearly box office is not that far away I think.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

in the good old days of the forum i feel like the opening weekend thread for this movie would've got to at least 100 pages minimum. place is dying smh.

It’s because half of everyone is banned or got tired of the bullshit

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Still holding out hope they'll continue releasing more mature-targeting movies under the Fox name.

if Jojo does as well as expected that should encourage them at least to keep that level of mature (which isn't anywhere close to Joker/Irishman/etc but you know what I mean). 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DAR said:

I think TMP might be facietious.   

Might

I think it’s that Thrylos guy

30 minutes ago, TMP said:

It is kind of boring that only Disney is getting $100m OWs. Had hopes for Joker. Maybe WB can fudge?

You didn’t have genuine hopes for Joker.  

Your pretending isn’t making the opening any less incredible. So move along. 

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

27 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

in the good old days of the forum i feel like the opening weekend thread for this movie would've got to at least 100 pages minimum. place is dying smh.

3 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

It’s because half of everyone is banned or got tired of the bullshit

yeah basically this.  too many people have made it bad here that some just got sick of it and moved on, or just don't post.  Shame really.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

So what happens with Disney when Star Wars 9 ends,Marvel slows down and there are no more old animations to remake?

And then there are the Fox properties.Sure Avatar  Will help them remain at the top for some more years but what’s beyond that?The year when another studio gets one of their movies at the top of the yearly box office is not that far away I think.

They have another dozen Star Wars projects coming. None of them will reach the heights of TFA, sure, but it will continue chugging along.

As for the Marvel slow down... well, let's wait for signs of that actually being anywhere close. It could be a couple of decades before that happens.

At the end of the day, they're still in a good position to replace those properties simply because they're so big, they can acquire new IPs if need be. I really wouldn't fret over Disney's future.

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I think it’s that Thrylos guy

You didn’t have genuine hopes for Joker.  

Your pretending isn’t making the opening any less incredible. So move along. 

The dude made a "Joker over 300M" club, but go off I guess

• Haha 1

but moving on, that's a really good opening for Joker considering some the factors going against it.  Not saying there was a conspiracy at all to make the movie do worse, but still there were some factors: some of the reviews, the fear mongering that you are in danger going to a theater and watching it, it being rated R, etc, to almost do a $100 m opening is still really good.  

Yes, some of that sounds like spin, but I never expected a $100m opening anyway :P 

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Anyway, I think there is a chance that Joker will do something crazy like 600M OS-Ch.Add at least  250M from the US and HOLY SHIT

Nah it's gonna have harsh legs overseas. Closer to 600 than 850 much less 800/750/700 

Still say it's 650ww. On that budget? Mighty  mighty impressive

Edited by cdsacken

3 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Any reasons why its dying?

the fanboys are probably a big part. the weekend threads did used to have a fun shooting the shit type vibe but now there's too many intense weirdos who take this shit too damn seriously.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Any reasons why its dying?

If you try being sarcastic or want to fuck around in the weekend thread, fanboys get butthurt about it and then it becomes a shit fest of a thread. When I first joined, shit posting in weekend threads was a thing. Now it's purely numbers and some discussion about films. Some people, myself included, enjoyed the shit posting but hey I get it. The threads get out of hand so the mods had to do something about it. 

• Like 5