Eric Atreides

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

I suspect the total for today will be 14m. Incredible film. 9.9/10, as a Joker fan, this is everything I never knew I wanted out of an origin story. Has flaws, but man this movie gets you feeling (and the flaws are really minor).

The only 10/10 for me is the dark Knight.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

You need to work on your evil laugh, bud.

A for effort tho.

I thought it fit with the unhinged vibe. Joker wouldn't give a fuck about a typo or copy and paste the ha's.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Aww. I am so sorry. I hope she gets better. Or maybe Netflix together?

My grandmother is 90, and she hates everything we go see.  I am -not- allowed to pick movies anymore cause I want to go see all that -weird- stuff). We drag her anyone to get out the house. It’s that or sitting in the couch watching Matlock. We use to watch SVU, but she doesn’t like Olivia anymore, and she refuses to watch the Golden Girls, because she thinks Blanche is a slut. 

What did Olivia do?

12 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Aww. I am so sorry. I hope she gets better. Or maybe Netflix together?

My grandmother is 90, and she hates everything we go see.  I am -not- allowed to pick movies anymore cause I want to go see all that -weird- stuff). We drag her anyone to get out the house. It’s that or sitting in the couch watching Matlock. We use to watch SVU, but she doesn’t like Olivia anymore, and she refuses to watch the Golden Girls, because she thinks Blanche is a slut. 

Thank you so much :wub:

But yeah we've just been watching dvds/streaming stuff together since. But right now she's at a rehab center and hasn't been home in 2 months. I bought John Wick 3 for her because she really wanted to see it. So it'll be waiting for her with me.

But yeah, I tend to pick what we watch. I had to do some pretty hard convincing to get her to see Logan and Deadpool 2. She hasn't seen many X men movies and was indifferent to the first DP but she ended up loving both films.

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Eric! said:

What did Olivia do?

Nothing. Olivia Benson is an Angel. My grandmother just thinks the show is inappropriate. She has come to this conclusion after I think we’ve watched every single season on USA.  So clearly she’s one of those I need to judge for myself type of people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Be great of the success if Joker inspires WB/DC to do more one offs about their characters. 

Realistically no other one off character would create similar hype, it would have to be the people involved.

A lex Luthor - Bradley Cooper lead and directed would be a great follow up.

The Question - Birdman style film, no cuts. Lead by Guy Pearce, directed by David fincher.

Blackhawk is still a possibility.

Lobo - Michael bay lol?

A Lucifer movie would be cool. The series has had some success. I don't know who would be involved though.

These are some of my thoughts. Low budgets that can make 250-300m.

Bonus: A game of thrones style r-rated Shazam movie. All kids fighting over the Wizard's throne.

Edited by The Chad DC

24 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Nothing. Olivia Benson is an Angel. My grandmother just thinks the show is inappropriate. She has come to this conclusion after I think we’ve watched every single season on USA.  So clearly she’s one of those I need to judge for myself type of people. 

"I've seen all 32 seasons of Law & Order SVU and I've come to the conclusion it's just not for me."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Very surprised by that number.

went and saw it at Disney Springs and none of the regular showtimes were selling very big.

The Dolby was relatively full and the Dine-ins had few open seats, but there were maybe 25 people in my showing and it holds over 500, I peeked into the two 300+ seat theaters and both had about the same number in them.

and the 7:00 tomorrow in the giant auditorium currently has 47 sold.

anyone have info on how it’s doing at their local?

2 minutes ago, Felandria said:

went and saw it at Disney Springs and none of the regular showtimes were selling very big.

The Dolby was relatively full and the Dine-ins had few open seats, but there were maybe 25 people in my showing and it holds over 500, I peeked into the two 300+ seat theaters and both had about the same number in them.

check the tracking thread. There are tons of theater reports.

2 minutes ago, Felandria said:

Summary of the Tracking thread:

1 hour ago, captainwondyful said:

Joker - Tracking Thread Estimates
Tracker Region Estimate
@captainwondyful Lincoln Square 13 15.16
@captainwondyful Southern Maine Cinemagic 11.39
@EarlyDeadlinePredictions Montrael 14
@Eric! Philadelphia 15
@FlashMaster659 Inland Empire 11.5
@Inceptionzq Denver 11.3
@keysersoze123 AMC 25 15

@Menor

Cinemark 11.5
@Porthos Sacramento 11
@TalismanRing NYC Local 12.51
@VenomXXR Willowbrook 24 11.8
Tracking Thread Average 12.74

Deadline has nothing on us.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

did anyone see controversy tag at mojo for Joker

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=controversy.htm

some of them are funny

The Day After Tomorrow
(Global warming)

Basic Instinct
(Vagina flash)

Thelma and Louise
(Feminism)

Holy shit, this is a gem.

2 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Tracker Region Estimate
@DAJK Victoria 11.7
@Eric! Philadelphia 15
@Inceptionzq Denver 11.3
@keysersoze123 AMC 25 15
@Menor Cinemark 11.5
@Porthos Sacramento 11
@TalismanRing NYC Local 12.51
@VenomXXR Willowbrook 24 11.8
Tracking Thread Average 12.66

Deadline has nothing on us.

This is going to be reeeeealy interesting to look at over the next few weeks/months, compare ourselves to deadline and other tracking metrics. I'm also glad we have so many trackers from different regions; if one person is off it's not because their analysis was bad, but as @Eric! sometimes mentions, a movie may just be over/underperforming in a particular region. Having samples from different cities across the continent is great for us!

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Tracker Region Estimate
@DAJK Victoria 11.7
@Eric! Philadelphia 15
@Inceptionzq Denver 11.3