Eric Atreides

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

16 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

My main thought on Joker is that it was much more interesting as a deconstruction of superhero movies/stories than as any sort of statement on society or anything.

I always liked movies that you can look at or interprete in many diffrent ways. I saw many various takes with vastly diffrent things people took from this movie. 

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

backlash affect ? captain marvel would like a word

Not even close, when was the last time something like this happened?

The only recent example I can think of is The Interview (wide release canceled, international backlash...).

• Like 2

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

The only recent example I can think of is The Interview (wide release canceled, international backlash...).

it didnt however, i think that cap marvel backlash lasted way way longers,in any way like i said, it wouldnt have any affect

2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Maybe Arthur is right and things really have gotten crazier out there, but that headline almost seems Onion worthy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Deadline says Joker will make $95M by the end of the weekend, which is higher than the 93.5M estimate released by the studio. So which outcome do ya'll think is more likely to happen. $95M, or $93.5M? 

Keep in mind that in order for Joker to get to $95M it will need a $22.6M final Sunday. That's a 30.9% Sunday drop. Is it likely?

1 minute ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Deadline says Joker will make $95M by the end of the weekend, which is higher than the 93.5M estimate released by the studio. So which outcome do ya'll think is more likely to happen. $95M, or $93.5M? 

Keep in mind that in order for Joker to get to $95M it will need a $22.6M final Sunday. That's a 30.9% Sunday drop. Is it likely?

? it really does it matter  ?

• Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Great expansion for Judy. My audience yesterday was super old so that's a good sign for legs. @WrathOfHan you have been warned.

Renee's performance in it is the real deal though. Movie will likely have strong staying power just for the WOM surrounding her performance alone.

My friend and I are the youngest people in here by like 50 years. I am so fudged

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Eric! said:

How does saying the word genuine make it any different? If he didn't have"genuine hopes" or didn't truly believe it, why would he make a club predicting something he didn't think would happen? This makes no sense.

Um... to make it look like it’s somehow missed expectations. Obviously. Hence the “genuine”. 

It’s really not that hard to see what I meant. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

The last Joker movie opened with 133 million and it was rotten. This is a big decline. I thought it would gross higher considering that it looks like  TDK's "sister companion".

the last joker movie was pg 13

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

2021: THE BATMAN 250m/650m/2b
2022: JOKER 2: 140m/400m/1b
2023: BATMAN ft. ROBIN vs. JOKER: 380m/950m/3b

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

"Success belongs to those who can see the future"

Yes that's correct but Success belongs to those who are ambitious and realistic and not overambitious then the dream collapses spectacularly.