Eric Atreides

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

14 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

The last Joker movie opened with 133 million and it was rotten. This is a big decline. I thought it would gross higher considering that it looks like  TDK's "sister companion".

This is why the forums are going down the shitter. Clueless posts like this. 

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Um... to make it look like it’s somehow missed expectations. Obviously. Hence the “genuine”. 

It’s really not that hard to see what I meant. 

You're biased. Not him. It's not hard to see him from his perspective to.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

The last Joker movie opened with 133 million and it was rotten. This is a big decline. I thought it would gross higher considering that it looks like  TDK's "sister companion".

Jesus, how far do you have to reach to make Suicide Squad a Joker movie? He was in it for only 5 minutes. Bruh, people nowadays have the mental gymnastics of an Olympian when it comes to dissing Warner Bros.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Jesus, how far do you have to reach to make Suicide Squad a Joker movie? He was in it for only 5 minutes. Bruh, people nowadays have the mental gymnastics of an Olympian when it comes to dissing Warner Bros.

He has second billing and was in all of the promos. It was absolutely promoted as a Joker movie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, Krissykins said:

If you’d seen his post for every WB film this year, you’d be more in the know. 

Oh I have seen it. He clearly says WB don't have 100M OW so Disney is all mighty blah blah. But he is not Disney shill either, just look at when he made that Joker club. So how will a guy who hates let's say a movie would make that club? If you read the Fanboy wars thread he likes Wachemen and other WB stuff too. He's just joking (which is real) that WB could not have or any other studio for that matter except Sony I guess 100M OW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So Warner Bros. Now owns January, August, September, and October! While Disney owns February, March, April, May, July, and December. Lionsgate for now owns November.

But that’s great for Warner Bros they know  how to market successful tentpoles. Gravity is probably the first major example as it’s trailers were quite interesting.

then for their R-rated fare has been outstanding! American Sniper used the I”m coming home scene very effective on TV spots. IT Chapter one had effective spots, posters and trailers starting In March 2017.

Joker had an appealing trailer and appealed as something different than just happy happy joy joy films. The film will have some alright legs for the rest of October, and should finish with anywhere from $230-$250 million or so total. 

Next weekend I have a feeling Gemini Man will probably underperform the reviews aren’t a issue. Annihilation had great reviews and it was Sci-fi and by the same studio, and it bombed(yeah yeah it had Netflix but still bombed). Gemini Man looks good but it will be an upset for Paramount.

The Addams Family is a toss-up. It could do Frankenweenie numbers at worst. It could also be a mini-breakout like Hotel Transylvania. That film has had multiple marketing tie-ins with Hershey’s and IHOP. It doesn’t mean nothing about the tie-ins, but families may  go see and it since there is a lack of family films till Frozen 2. and Abdominale is isn’t really doing so great so that could play in Addams favor and as well the Halloween holiday could help out as well. 

29 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Wtf you talking about? Box office doesnt matter in general. It doesn't affect our daily lives at all. We follow it cause it's fun. If you think the topic of my question doesnt matter why reply? 

lets repeat, it really does it matter if the ow is 94 or 95 ?

45 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

One was a PG-13 film, full of action, spectacle, and black comedy.

One was a Hard-R film, deeply unsettling at times, and mostly a character study.

I wonder which one should be expected to make more, all things being equal. YiBe40t.png

• Like 1