Eric Duncan

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

I was fine with the idea of Zellweger doing Garland's "later years" voice until I rewatched some 1968-69 clips on Youtube, and oh well, bless Renee for trying. She's still probably going to sweep everything, good for her, making a comeback. And it's retroactively making me more at peace with BCoop being paid dust in Best Actor last year: the reigning winner usually gives out Best Actress the following year at the Globes/SAGs/Oscars, forced, awkward, on-camera ex interactions averted!

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

On 10/4/2019 at 7:35 PM, Jonwo said:

Adult oriented film is one of Warner Bros' strengths and it's an area they do really well in with a few exceptions.

In terms of a follow up to Joker, I think Lex Luthor would be interesting but tougher to do as a film.

My top two wants for future "DC Dark" movies

1. A movie where Superman is the bad guy and the world turns to Lex Luthor as their hero as he's the only one who can outsmart the rogue Kal-El. Cast Nicolas Cage as evil Superman and I'd die happy.

2. Michael Keaton comes back as Batman to help an apprentice become the new Dark Knight and solve a string of bizarre murders. Make it an R-rated horror movie.

5 minutes ago, Darth Homer said:

My top two wants for future "DC Dark" movies

1. A movie where Superman is the bad guy and the world turns to Lex Luthor as their hero as he's the only one who can outsmart the rogue Kal-El. Cast Nicolas Cage as evil Superman and I'd die happy.

2. Michael Keaton comes back as Batman to help an apprentice become the new Dark Knight and solve a string of bizarre murders. Make it an R-rated horror movie.

So you want Red Son and Batman Beyond movies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Batman Beyond was such a badass cartoon. I would be in heaven if they made that. 

i really thought they ought to have done it for this new reboot. just doing regular bruce wayne batman for the ninth time isn't as interesting. maybe it's a super fresh take on it but i don't trust that from matt reeves.

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i really thought they ought to have done it for this new reboot. just doing regular bruce wayne batman for the ninth time isn't as interesting. maybe it's a super fresh take on it but i don't trust that from matt reeves.

I am hopeful it will be good. However even if it's not Batman Begins is a total reboot and Keaton could do that much later. He's 68 and Bruce Wayne was what 80 in Batman Beyond? The longer they wait the better and more realistic the insane technology on the suit will be.