Eric Duncan

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

7 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am predicting 25-26m for sunday. let us see what @Charlie Jatinder has to say.

Curious about this

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

So much Monday morning quarterbacking going on now it's opened huge - as though it was always going to. 

It's been tracking for 80+ for months and had amazing wom/ critical response. 

I would been shocked if it did under predictions. It's overseas numbers are even better, well above forecast.

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

mental gymnastics trying to undermine Joker success. :slaphead:

No undermining at all. Above forecast in US, WAY above forecast abroad. People acting shocked when it was forecasted to do well for months and had amazing reviews are being a bit silly. No surprise here. Legs might even old better than people think. Wom is great. Hell my own expectations were 105 OW just because of the sheer insane wom/response. Still 10% higher than forecast here is great. Way more abroad.

Edited by cdsacken

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Abroad response is truly the story here. 

It really is, never imagined it would get this reception in SK or Japan.

Then there was the DL prediction:

All in overseas — save France, Germany and China among majors — the film should generate a $75M opening this weekend, give or take.

Now I wonder how much it would have made in China.

2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

China government would rather blow up its 66000 movie screens than releasing this film in their country 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

I'm curious to see what the word is like once it starts getting seriously pirated there.

I mean, I can definitely see why they would never release a movie like that there, but it's interesting to think about how it might be received...

28 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Curious about this

It's been tracking for 80+ for months and had amazing wom/ critical response. 

I would been shocked if it did under predictions. It's overseas numbers are even better, well above forecast.

the critical reception tempered soon enough after starting on a high. had been in mid 70% RT for quiet a while (eventually slipping more) before release. 

amazing wom, if it's that, will show in legs. was big right off the previews before wom spreads, and the trending has been fair, nothing unexpected :  7.1x the previews.

Just now, reddevil19 said:

I'm curious to see what the word is like once it starts getting seriously pirated there.

I mean, I can definitely see why they would never release a movie like that there, but it's interesting to think about how it might be received...

They never release uncut R rated movies in China.

Significant Sunday increase, if it happens... and based on what I saw in Salt Lake yesterday, I feel pretty confident about that... will be the result of two things: excellent WOM, but also the belated realization among some that the constant media drumbeat about violence (roving gangs of incels? Really??) had been overblown and that it was actually safe to go to the theater again.

@TMPNot perfect but AMC did show much stronger hold yesterday. But I dont have raw $ data like charlier or RTH to make accurate estiamte. Still it gave clear data that Sunday hold was much better than estimate. This looks like $24m sunday based on updated studio estimates.

But what is important is this much better hold than norm shows good sign for its legs. Now let us see how monday and most important 2nd friday drop looks like.

• Like 2