Eric Duncan

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

4 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

I really feel the media drama affected this negatively. Americans are scared shitless about mass shootings. 

it rose awareness, and turned some people off, overall the negatives and positives cancels each other out. if Americans are scare shitless they can probably do something that won't be talked about here.

2 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

I think this movie will fall hard in the upcoming days. It's just not something that a regular person wants to watch. The Dark Knight was still appealing and had a main hero you could root for. 

Considering the audiences reception it's been getting, seems like you're wrong.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Looking at Suicide Squad preview to OD ratio, I think with $11.5mn, we will be looking at $33-34mn ish opening Friday. I think it will be close to $78-80mn weekend with 11.5mn previews.

Yeah ofcourse if previews are higher, weekend go higher too.

Suicide Squad was also in the heart of summer. 

23 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

The target audience (white males) supporting this movie is expected. We have yet to see what other people think. 

I didn't know that the majority of people in places like India and South Korea were white males. And the RT audience score doesn't show anyone's race.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Dang, hadn't seen the RT in a while so that's quite a drop. Are we now allowed to say the movie is critically divisive (remembering that's no bad thing)?

70% on rt and 7,4/7,5 averege is divisive ? what ?

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

The target audience (white males) supporting this movie is expected. We have yet to see what other people think. 

There's so many assumptions in here that I just don't understand why you're bringing into this thread :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I didn't know that the majority of people in places like India and South Korea were white males. And the RT audience score doesn't show anyone's race.

The main demographic is still white males. We will find out the truth in a couple of days. 

• ...wtf 1

29 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

The main demographic is still white males. We will find out the truth in a couple of days. 

Yeah, all the white males went to Indian and Korean audience score aggregates and gave it high scores. Makes a lot of sense.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Why would a character like the Joker would only appear to white males?I could see it if you would say that Joker only appeals to men.Understandable.But Joker is one of the most iconic villains in cinematic history and is popular everywhere.So far the numbers in countries that are not “white” are great.So I don’t think that the film will crumble because its audience is limited to a particular group of people.If that was the case, Joker would have never had the popularity that he has.