kayumanggi

DHD Friday (03.23) 68.25 M | THE HUNGER GAMES (Crow-serving on-going :))

So as of 8PM PST, the figure is 12000. As of 4PM PST, the figure was 9900. Multiply both figures by 4137 and we get 49.64m and 40.96 million. So 8.7 million in the last 4 hours, with 1-2 hours to go on the East Coast (12AM/1AM showings), and 4-6 hours left on the West coast. So this should end around 15000, I presume, which put the Friday figure at 62.06 million (extrapolation)

Ah, nicely done spizzer. And that seems about right, a $65m-ish OD, which is remarkable for a first entry, March released movie.

The problem I have with them being averages without midnights is that it would put them all well above what their actual Friday number was. And if they include midnights, Deathly Hallows 2 should be waaaaay higher than that.Edit: Unless they're a combination of midnight and midnight-less averages, in which case I hate Nikki even more.

Edited by Biggestgeekever

Again, I've never seen reporting like this, so take it all with a grain of salt. We're better off waiting till tomorrow morning.All I got out of this was that this will land somewhere between 65 and 80. Go figure

The problem I have with them being averages without midnights is that it would put them all well above what their actual Friday number was. And if they include midnights, Deathly Hallows 2 should be waaaaay higher than that.

All the other movies averages don't include the midnights, so I'm assuming the HUnger Games number doesn't as well, but that number of 68 million already is absolutely insane.

That is... Insane. I'll say it again, mind boggling. That means it could be headed to 75m+ OD... 80m? Wtf... I can't believe that.

No, it means a $60-65m OD, no? Where is $75-80m coming from?

The problem I have with them being averages without midnights is that it would put them all well above what their actual Friday number was. And if they include midnights, Deathly Hallows 2 should be waaaaay higher than that.

But it's not the entire Friday, its Friday through the same time period, about 8PM PST

If we take the figure she quotes for DH2 and apply it to 4375 theaters, we get a figure of 56.99M. This is neither what it did in total, nor what it did on Friday without midnights.So again, take all of this with a grain of salt. This is idiotic reporting

Why wouldn't it's OD theater average be factoring in the midnight grosses, which are counted towards its OD?

Because the figures she gave for the other films did not factor in midnights either

No, it means a $60-65m OD, no? Where is $75-80m coming from?

I think what she means is it's currently at 12,000 PTA not included midnights. Headed towards 60m without midnights... I don't know. It's hard to believe. This is a first for box office reporting. The PTA's, and then the midnights complicate it further.