kayumanggi

DHD Friday (03.23) 68.25 M | THE HUNGER GAMES (Crow-serving on-going :))

I know I posted these already, but here are my theaters numbers with today's updated. Midnights - 1201Friday - 1984Saturday - 1385 as of 12:51 includes presalesWe also added 4-5 extra shows after 4 to help with the crowds tonight.

Holy fuck, so you're gonna see increase today? What's the total capacity possible?

...It may just very well be. And only TDKR hitting $200m could take that title away. What an insane year so far.

TA breaking 170 won't impress me as much. TDKR breaking 200 won't impress me as much.This takes the cakeWowowowowow

All Time OD minus Midnights ($45+ million)

Spider-Man 3 - $49.8 million

The Dark Knight - $48.6 million

The Hunger Games - $48.5 million (estimated)

Deathly Hallows 2 - $47.6 million

Dead Man's Chest - $46.8 million

New Moon - $46.4 million

Revenge of the Fallen - $46.0 million

Below:

Iron Man 2 - $43.7 million

Breaking Dawn 1 - $41.4 million

...It may just very well be. And only TDKR hitting $200m could take that title away. What an insane year so far.

Right. It's insanely impressive on its own. Then we have to take a step back and realize this is all happening in MARCH. WTF?!?!!!$20m+ Friday matinees... In.... MARCH!!!! holy fuckballs.

Yeah, and we can expect the fans to come back for the sequels no matter what, and as for WOM out of the non-fans I've talked, I've got 1 negative, other than that, it's been all positive.

That's good...assuming of course you've talked to more than one person about it. ;) Edited by friendofnarnia

Right. It's insanely impressive on its own.Then we have to take a step back and realize this is all happening in MARCH. WTF?!?!!!$20m+ Friday matinees... In.... MARCH!!!! holy fuckballs.

I don't think it did $20 million in matinees, remember that figure that THR quoted included presales for the entire day. The matinee figure is probably <$15 million. This did $33M+ in evening shows. Today's business will obviously be a lot more spread out Edited by spizzer

Holy fuck, so you're gonna see increase today? What's the total capacity possible?

My theatre's capacity for dollars is around: $120 000 today, and yesterday we took in around $15 000 from midnights, and maybe a good $80 000 for the rest of the day with slightly less showings. Estimate for today, I have no idea, maybe $90 000+ based on how the morning is looking. Edited by riczhang

• Founder / Operator

Already five sellouts at my theater today. Could see a strong Saturday hold, but at the same time, this is a teenage/young adult-heavy theater so I won't get to ahead of myself just yet.

• Founder / Operator

It's an incredible opening for any film, and probably a tie with Spiderman for the most impressive non-sequel opening.

In your opinion, sure. :) Edited by ShawnMR