kayumanggi

DHD Friday (03.23) 68.25 M | THE HUNGER GAMES (Crow-serving on-going :))

Hi first time poster, I think many need to realize one key fact is the massive non midnight gross on Friday.In terms of % comparison or raw numbers it did much better than Twilight and the recent HP films.Also based on the reports and the business of many theaters tonight with many having many sellouts throughtout the day and today.Saturday will likley be much higher then DH2 and New Moon.Around 45-50 million...No a mega opening does not gurantee good legs, as Spider Man 3 had a huge opening but fell 200 million short of TDK.

Hi first time poster, I think many need to realize one key fact is the massive non midnight gross on Friday.In terms of % comparison or raw numbers it did much better than Twilight and the recent HP films.Also based on the reports and the business of many theaters tonight with many having many sellouts throughtout the day and today.Saturday will likley be much higher then DH2 and New Moon.Around 45-50 million...No a mega opening does not gurantee good legs, as Spider Man 3 had a huge opening but fell 200 million short of TDK.

Finally. Why didn't you join back when this was first formed?

Well usually I only get interested in the box office with mega openers so thats why.I checked up on things on World of KJ since BOM shut down.Also this film looks to be doing really.There are a lot of sellouts for the night and day business was very busy with numerous sellouts.I wonder how big the Saturday will be...

Edited by Lordmandeep

Well of course, this is in 2d so in ticket sales adjusted and what have you....This is no doubt one of the biggest openings ever. I agree with Shawn that other openings are more impressive...However for a film like this to explode is quite crazy. At most it should have done 100 or so million.

A lot... lolJust realized even in tickets sold this is going to be the 6th or 7th largest weekend ever...The sellouts are large..I think day business is likley on par with yesterday as the film was way busier during the day today.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Every show from 7:30-9 (six showings) are sold out. The other seven showings still haven't sold out, but I suspect they will. Only a matter of time. And the IMAX showings are all sold out.