sfran43

Tuesday Numbers: Joker $13.9M estimate

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

Oh a lot of the newbies here would have loathed @EmpireCity, for sure.

such complaints just don't make sense. the majority of the posts here are more about opinions on films quality and BO performance. The "pure" BO number discussions are tbh quite rare in comparison. So if the opinions of those who with actual numbers/info are not appreciated here...why would anybody's opinions worth even a cent here? 

btw, I remember there's a pure BO number thread back in around the Wonder Woman's run...don't see that anymore.  

8 hours ago, Valonqar said:

you speak truth. managing expectations isn't fun but it's the best way to deal with boxoffice.

lmao cd has been trying to needlessly lowball this thing since pre-sales projections all the way to OW and now on weekdays (like its not even subtle) . For someone having little to no interest he is kinda persistent about it

Film (Distributor) Weekend
Gross
Total
Gross
%
Change
Week
#
1 Joker
(Warner Bros.)
$48.0 M $183.0 M -50% 2
2 The Addams Family
(United Artists / MGM)
$29.5 M $29.5 M NEW 1
3 Gemini Man
(Paramount)
$21.5 M $21.5 M NEW 1
4 Abominable
(Universal / DWorks Anim. / Pearl)
$7.5 M $48.8 M -37% 3
5 Downton Abbey
(Focus)
$4.8 M $82.6 M -40% 4
6 Hustlers
(STXfilms)
$4.2 M $98.3 M -34% 5
7 Judy
(Roadside / LD Entertainment)
$4.0 M $15.8 M -13% 3
8 IT Chapter Two
(Warner / New Line)
$3.2 M $207.0 M -40% 6
9 Jexi
(Lionsgate / CBS Films)
$3.1 M $3.1 M NEW 1
10 Ad Astra
(Disney / Fox)
$2.2 M $47.2 M -48% 4
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

lmao cd has been trying to needlessly lowball this thing since pre-sales projections all the way to OW and now on weekdays (like its not even subtle) . For someone having little to no interest he is kinda persistent about it

I set myself thinking it would do 105 then got disappointed. I'm suggesting that asking for a sub 50% print after a near perfect week is a bad idea. But sure could go ahead lie and post bullshit.

Before it came out I said 250m Dom, after OD the same and now perhaps even higher. Still think 300 is almost impossible but then again with the amazing numbers these last 3 days why the hell not?

I'd like to see it happen just for that amazingly bold 300m club. Above 45m is very good, 48 is awesome and 50+ is amazeballs for weekend #2.

• Like 1

Joker Day 4

136870/716323

Joker Day 5

AMC - 300577/810090(4476 shows)

Cinemark - 170456/272272

Joker Day 6

AMC(3631 shows) - 139458/699681

Cinemark- 90541/475314( 4103 shows)

it did slow down after 830PM still it finished ahead of Monday !!!!! Cinemark I did not track on Monday but drop from tuesday is excellent considering it was dicounted tickets yesterday. If I have to predict I would say 9m wednesday But if same ratio as monday happens for AMC then it could be as high as 9.88m.

Bottom line is its going to have a great Monday to Wednesday hold for sure.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

11 hours ago, cdsacken said:

See this is why is why people set themselves up for failure. I did it hoping for 105ow (perfect case scenario)

50+ no doubt would be amazeballs but so would 48. Not criticizing mind you, I just did this the previous week.

I am usually on the optimistic side of this forum. Obviously, anything over 45M is already great and I wouldnt see it as a failure nor I would be disappointed.

But with Columbus day and healthy WOM spreading (first two daily figures show that), 50M is a real possibility. Just stating that is an awesome possibility

5 hours ago, stripe said:

I am usually on the optimistic side of this forum. Obviously, anything over 45M is already great and I wouldnt see it as a failure nor I would be disappointed.

But with Columbus day and healthy WOM spreading (first two daily figures show that), 50M is a real possibility. Just stating that is an awesome possibility

Perfect then I agree. After seeing Wednesday I'm with you on 50m. 45m is still awesome but 50m makes a lot of sense now. Needs a massive Friday jump but I can see it happening

• Like 1