charlie Jatinder

Wednesday 10/9

Folks,

I am not saying its going to drop so much. Its just PS this morning is lower. That is expected as PS is dominated by Imax/PLF and its losing quite a few shows later this evening.

In comparison Cinemark PS has dropped just tad under 15%. So AMC will underindex today. I expecting overall drop to be in 20% range. But its better to look at it this evening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

there is no way a film drop 35%-40% on Thursday when wednesday isn't even a semi formal public holiday.

Even the shit like Godzilla 2 can have 18.4% drop from 1st wed to 1st Thursday despite losing premium screen to x-men 

Deadpool 2, facing solo's 14m preview opening, dropped 16% in its 1st Thursday.

How the hell can joker drop far worse than these two movies in the face of less fan-driven gemini man??   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Folks,

I am not saying its going to drop so much. Its just PS this morning is lower. That is expected as PS is dominated by Imax/PLF and its losing quite a few shows later this evening.

In comparison Cinemark PS has dropped just tad under 15%. So AMC will underindex today. I expecting overall drop to be in 20% range. But its better to look at it this evening.

You've been on the money so far. Don't take it personally, sorry. Obviously, people want this to go on a tear, but with it losing screens, including PLF for evening sessions (R rating will make that even more significant), dropping hard isn't a huge shock. As much as it sucks to have some potentially less-than-good news about its run, as I said, your method so far has been proven quite accurate, and there's no reason to dismiss it just because the indicators are not positive for once. 

Hopefully it won't be as bad as we fear, but even if it is, I'm sure we'll see a rebound for Friday. :) 

Edited by reddevil19
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I heard its very average, the original itself was just good, but since produced by RCE, hopefully do better.

It's surprisingly good. No songs, tightly edited and so many twists at the end. My parents and in-laws enjoyed it a lot as well.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It's surprisingly good. No songs, tightly edited and so many twists at the end. My parents and in-laws enjoyed it a lot as well.

loved the old one. nanda and rajesh had great chemistry.

2 minutes ago, a2k said:

loved the old one. nanda and rajesh had great chemistry.

Siddharth and Sonakshi aren't even in the same dimension as them. But Akshaye Khanna is amazing. He carries the entire movie and is pretty much the focus of the movie, smartest choice the filmmakers made. 

• Like 2

https://deadline.com/2019/10/joker-october-tuesday-box-office-record-weekend-forecast-addams-family-will-smith-gemini-man-1202756065/

Venom ended its run at $213.5M, and as we mentioned over the weekend, industry estimates believe Joker will final around $265M.

Joker also bested a slew of other Tuesday autumn records as well: Similar to its Monday, Joker yesterday came in ahead of the highest September Tuesday, which belongs to It ($11.4M), and when compared to November Tuesdays, the pic is second behind The Hunger Games: Catching Fire ($15.96M).

Joker is expected to continue to rule the weekend with around $42.5M, off 56%, ahead of MGM/UA/Bron Creative’s animated take on The Addams Family ($28M-$30M); Paramount/Skydance/Alibaba/Fosun Pictures’ Ang Lee movie Gemini Man ($24M-$29M), starring Will Smith; and CBS Films’ finale Jexi from Jon Lucas and Scott Moore which looks to tank in the low single digits. eOne is a co-producer on the comedy, with Lionsgate distributing.

• Haha 1