sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Estimates - Jokah 55, Addams 30.3, Gemini 20.5, Abominable 6.2, Downton 4.9 | Parasite generates 125.4K PTA (highest since La La Land)

14 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Why do you "lol" at Deadline, when you yourself gave an early range of 19-22 Mln? 

To be fair Deadline is off by a higher % despite releasing their number several hours later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, harrisonisdead said:

It's insane. I loved it.

Yes! Excellent news. Just starting it now.

Hoping for another giant turtle...

tumblr_o8zvv4780y1tl68gzo1_500.gif

...though doubtful.

Only have seen Cold Fish, Love Exposure, Tag, Suicide Club, Love & Peace, Why Don't You Play In Hell by Sono... What else do I need to watch?

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Never get excited by PS. It was always unrealistic to sustain at numbers seen so early. Still its going to have a good hold just not insane.

Joker Day 8

AMC - 197379/595075(720PM)/PLF 16837/34133

Cinemark -121903/327363

There are still several hours to go and night shows are looking busy but AMC looks like 110% increase while Cinemark will have slightly under 100% increase. Charlie's range looks good to me. But I will check again in 3 hours to see how things are.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

Glitch in the Matrix. They've been fairly accurate so far, so such a huge discrepancy would be quite surprising, should Deadline be proven correct. I'm more inclined to believe it's bad extrapolation from partial figures on the Deadline side. On the other side, maybe a slow-down in the evening with the guys here reporting early, thus the number is somewhere in-between?

Maybe 16?

I hope?

Yes, finally right... 

9 minutes ago, RthTIFF said:

Fri earlier I had been going with J 16, TAF 10m (prob 9.7-10), GM 7.3

16 would give it 56-58M depending on Saturday. Addams looking at 30-32M, Gemini looking at O/U 20.

To put that Joker second weekend into perspective, that would have been an October OW record prior to last year.

• Like 8
  • Astonished 1

Before we went crazy today with the pre-sales numbers, I was guessing something close to 60 million, so I'm happy. And we warned ourselves to not get excited to not let a great performance like mid 50s seem bad! lol

Also, I still believe the real overperformance will be overseas. The 350m number through thursday is just speculation using the same OW share, in reality it could be significantly higher as it's been overperforming like crazy in many countries.

"My goal" is still 500m by Sunday.

• Like 2

Interestingly enough, while much larger than thought before the crazy mid-week numbers, Jokers friday acted dad gum straight up like an adult film in October under or right at 100% on Friday.  Very interesting and another odd factor in this whole weird 8 days of play. 

Also the typical reactions seen by some of the posters regarding the number becoming lower than initially "theorized" is so prototypical BOT.... watch a smaller than desired Saturday cause a general funk. 

Edited by narniadis

4 minutes ago, TheUndertaker said:

Before we went crazy today with the pre-sales numbers, I was guessing something close to 60 million, so I'm happy. And we warned ourselves to not get excited to not let a great performance like mid 50s seem bad! lol

Also, I still believe the real overperformance will be overseas. The 350m number through thursday is just speculation using the same OW share, in reality it could be significantly higher as it's been overperforming like crazy in many countries.

"My goal" is still 500m by Sunday.

It will get past those goal with 505-515 million range even maybe reach 520 if S.America and Asia deliver 40% drop weekend drop. 

Bad news is it will lose big number from Japan  this weekend due to typhoon, but surely it will recover in weekdays.