sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Estimates - Jokah 55, Addams 30.3, Gemini 20.5, Abominable 6.2, Downton 4.9 | Parasite generates 125.4K PTA (highest since La La Land)

10 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It can, someone from LA check capacity of two theatre playing it for Saturday. (cc @Thanos Legion you are from West Cost naa, do it).

NYC one did 39k today, shall be around 44k (19 shows) tomorrow & 39k (17 shows) on Sunday, 122k.

The other two needs to do 178k, they did 53k (36k & 17k).

Cheat Code Activate!

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Spaghetti said:

This weekend, Parasite is only playing at three cinemas across the US: One in New York (The IFC Center) and Two in Los Angeles (The Arclight and Landmark). Let's look at each one individually:

IFC CENTER (NYC):

I'm gonna let these figures speak for themselves:

Reveal hidden contents

All in all, the film has 55 showing for the weekend at the theater, across 4 of the 5 screenings. Given what I found about the seating at IFC, I am looking at an average of 125 seats per show and an average cost of about $15 per ticket. This would grant Parasite about $102,300 for the weekend.

LANDMARK (LA):

There are 14 shows daily (except for Sunday, which has 15 shows) - The auditoriums showing the film seat 44, 299, and 297 respectively. Given how the evening shows are looking, let's suppose an 80% average capacity for the whole weekend. So that would be roughly 6,000 seats for the weekend. Again, ticket prices average around $12-15, so like the IFC in New York, we're very close to a $100k PTA this weekend.

On Saturday, there is a Q&A with director Bong Joon-Ho and some of the cast, as well as 3 Q&As on Sunday.

ARCLIGHT (LA):

Parasite has 18 shows on Friday, 19 on Saturday, and 23 on Sunday. The auditoriums this film is on seat 430, 246, 203, and 203 respectively. Let's again suppose that there is a 70% average capacity for the weekend, but know that ticket prices here average around $15-18. That's around ~3,000 seats sold each say (adding an extra 800 for Saturday's dome Q&A and 500 for extra shows on Sunday) for 10,300 tickets for the weekend. That would push the PTA over $150k!

On Saturday, there are two Q&As with director Bong Joon-Ho and some of the cast. One is in the 800 seat dome.

--

Overall, I think this is on track for a PTA over $100k.

• Haha 1

Another one of my theory proven right.

The biggest DC character was always  The Joker.

Batman is actually its Robin.

Give to The Joker a title like The Crazy Clown with the exact same film and you d be lucky to do 80m dom.

The Joker is gonna do 300m, aiming at 350 with a shot at 400m.

Man oh man, that Superhero fatigue is finaly kicking in eh ?

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

That's a strong openingn for Addams Family, I thought it would be another Animated Movie disappointment this year!

Jexi came out of nowhere, right lol Did it have marketing or just really a CBS Films dump 

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Give to The Joker a title like The Crazy Clown with the exact same film and you d be lucky to do 80m dom.

You are laughing now but wait when black widow and the rest of phase 4 doesn't hit 2billion then we will talk 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Parasite final update $119,272

Arclight, LA 50k

IFC, NY 39k

Lmrk, LA 30k

Expecting 140-145 tomorrow and 125 on Sunday.

Eeasy Peasy 125k PTA

OMG!! $120k for ONE day??? This is Phenomenal :mellow:

Edited by troyand

45 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Parasite final update $119,272

Arclight, LA 50k

IFC, NY 39k

Lmrk, LA 30k

Expecting 140-145 tomorrow and 125 on Sunday.

Eeasy Peasy 125k PTA

That’s incredible, well deserved for a great movie and my favourite movie of the year hopefully it expands quickly and more people will be able to see it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

If the joker was DC's biggest character then surely this would have opened over 150m? Wonder Woman will end up having a bigger gross?

Edited by Chucky

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Don't bother.

Joker may not be the biggest DC character but it's outperforming films like Batman v Superman (on 2nd weekend and with a good chance to come very close WW) which had arguably the most popular superheroes at the time. 

Is A24 gonna try to market that Mike Mills/Joaq film to mainstream audiences now that he just starred in a huge blockbuster? Or are Mills' sensibilities not commercial enough? I've not seen his work, so I don't know.

• Astonished 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It can, someone from LA check capacity of two theatre playing it for Saturday. (cc @Thanos Legion you are from West Cost naa, do it).

NYC one did 39k today, shall be around 44k (19 shows) tomorrow & 39k (17 shows) on Sunday, 122k.

The other two needs to do 178k, they did 53k (36k & 17k).

ArcLight Hollywood (without matinee showings).

Friday : 5090 seats available

Saturday : 5645 seats available (+11%)

1107 tickets pre-sold for Friday afternoon and evening shows at 2pm Los Angeles time yesterday.

2495 tickets pre-sold for Saturday afternoon and evening shows (including two sold out Q/As with a 1298 total capacity) at 4am Los Angeles time today (which is 44k with 17,75$ avg. price).

• Thanks 2

Just now, RealLyre said:

Joker may not be the biggest DC character but it's outperforming films like Batman v Superman (on 2nd weekend and with a good chance to come very close WW) which had arguably the most popular superheroes at the time. 

come on wtf GIF