sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Estimates - Jokah 55, Addams 30.3, Gemini 20.5, Abominable 6.2, Downton 4.9 | Parasite generates 125.4K PTA (highest since La La Land)

6 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Y'all left out the biggest news from the DHD Article:

235K too high if you ask me.

5 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

What is going on? How are DL, BOP and other predicting around 42M when people in here suggest otherwise?

That's quite a big margin. It's not 2-3 million.

I don't know about BOP, but Deadline usually stays with the projections they made up before the weekend and stick to it until the first Friday numbers drop. It's hilarious

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Damianport1 said:

It's a combinations of things why it's holding so well

a) people stayed at home because of the police in theaters

b) great word of mouth

c) repeat viewings

d) controversy and media buzz increased curiosity

e)the first big blockbuster and a movie that people were actually intrested in since the lion king, 3 months ago imo that helped more than anything other than great wom

3 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

If you were to go by what some reviews are pushing, Joker is the anti-Captain Marvel anyway, the gamer manifesto, facing off against the feminist one.

Captain Marvel’s also pro-military while Joker is about a bunch of people rising up (gamers?) against government officials

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think 20m+ friday is happening. AMC is adding more shows to Joker and I am expecting a good increase in show count by late afternoon. Juggernauts defy gravity. 70m+ 2nd weekend. That means its looking at 400m domestic run !!!!

that would be crazy