sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Estimates - Jokah 55, Addams 30.3, Gemini 20.5, Abominable 6.2, Downton 4.9 | Parasite generates 125.4K PTA (highest since La La Land)

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Aquaman is on the level of Bayformers, maybe. Was a fun box office run to track though.

LOL. Come on, now. No objective analysis can ever come up with that. If nothing else, the well-shot and edited action, which Wan knows how to handle very well puts it way above Bayformers. Add to that a likable cast, which is missing from Bayformers, and the MacGuffin chase being more clear-cut than in any Transformers movie and there you are.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, reddevil19 said:

LOL. Come on, now. No objective analysis can ever come up with that. If nothing else, the well-shot and edited action, which Wan knows how to handle very well puts it way above Bayformers. Add to that a likable cast, which is missing from Bayformers, and the MacGuffin chase being more clear-cut than in any Transformers movie and there you are.

I'll give Aquaman this... it had some good vfx

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

I'll give Aquaman this... it had some good vfx

Not the Aquaman thread, but I’d argue it has the most impressive VFX and 3D in years

I don’t remember thinking “how the hell did they do that?” as much while watching any other recent film tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, a2k said:

The trench scene in AQM is better than the best of Bayformers.

I'd argue it's better than the highlight scene in 3/4 of all other superhero movies. Really high peak for me in that movie. And the rooftop chase was extreme fun as well. Again, for me no comparison to Bayformers. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Michael Bay can handle an action scene better than anything we saw in Aquaman. Transformers 1 and 3 wipes the floor with it in that respect and the cast in the first 3 movies were far more likeable too 

Edited by Chucky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chucky said:

Michael Bay can handle an action scene better than anything we saw in Aquaman. Transformers 1 and 3 wipes the floor with it in that respect and the cast in the first 3 movies were far more likeable too hence why they blew up so dont talk shit

Michael Bay's Transformers, especially from the 2nd on, look like they were shot by Michael J Fox holding the camera and edited by Edward Scissorhands, starring a screaming chipmunk for the first three movies and a confused drunk for the last two, so I'll talk shit all I want, as I am correct.

• Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Chucky said:

Michael Bay can handle an action scene better than anything we saw in Aquaman. 

He has a tendency to shoot them in a way that it’s hard to actually see or keep up with what’s even going on, IMO. 

Aquaman was so much clearer and cleaner. 

1 hour ago, RthTIFF said:

The orig TLK was Radio City Music Hall 5000 approx seats per session and selling out(something around $25 ticket) , it was also El Capitan in LA. Both theatres had exclusive 1st wk 

That is how it was possible! I always wondered how it was theoretically possible. :D

Tepid saturday surge for joker, I guess the lack of family power limit the film potential to go higher during weekend. 30% surge is far less than logan and blade runner 2049 saturday's up. 

I guess the awesome mid-week come with price.  

4 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Could Joker hit 57 mln with weekend actuals? It wouldn't be far from 60.

Find it difficult to believe it will drop less than 25%, let alone 20% even with a holiday Monday. It really needed a Sat bump of closer to 40% for that, but hey, stranger things have happened.

Edited by reddevil19

25 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I thought Aquaman was terrible, but seeing Amber Heard humiliate Johnny Depp's Crimes Of Grindelwald at the box office, and outgross his entire career worldwide, was one of the most satisfying experiences of my life.

Get a life.

• Thanks 1