sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Estimates - Jokah 55, Addams 30.3, Gemini 20.5, Abominable 6.2, Downton 4.9 | Parasite generates 125.4K PTA (highest since La La Land)

Also, assuming Frozen 2 and The Rise of Skywalker do a billion, which is kind of a given, Jumanji and Joker doing a billion would mean a top 10 WW of billion dollar movies... It would further point out how much of a feast or famine this year has been, given that pretty much everything else has been in the 400-500 million region (Dark Fate and Maleficent 2 likely to get there)

Just now, reddevil19 said:

Also, assuming Frozen 2 and The Rise of Skywalker do a billion, which is kind of a given, Jumanji and Joker doing a billion would mean a top 10 WW of billion dollar movies... It would further point out how much of a feast or famine this year has been, given that pretty much everything else has been in the 400-500 million region (Dark Fate and Maleficent 2 likely to get there)

Frozen 2 is locked, but I feel no hype for Skywalker rn... we'll see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

JJ Abraham’s’ Superman starring John Krasinski 

Summer 2023

Krasinski would be great if you're doing a Supes that has been long established on Earth. Go totally Alex Ross, a god above all the other super heroes, and yes, Emily Blunt as Lois, please. If they go younger like they're doing with Batman, then Henry Golding. 32, 6-1, English-Malaysian, showed in Crazy Rich Asians that he can play light comedy in his sleep, but also projects a heroic vibe. Done right, there's no reason why Supes can't join the billion $ club too. I mean, if Aquaman can do it...

Just now, TMP said:

Frozen 2 is locked, but I feel no hype for Skywalker rn... we'll see.

It's the third in this trilogy. Even if it drops from TLJ, which is possible - at least internationally - it has plenty of room to do so and still cross a billion. 

Just now, A Star is Orm said:

Krasinski would be great if you're doing a Supes that has been long established on Earth. Go totally Alex Ross, a god above all the other super heroes, and yes, Emily Blunt as Lois, please. If they go younger like they're doing with Batman, then Henry Golding. 32, 6-1, English-Malaysian, showed in Crazy Rich Asians that he can play light comedy in his sleep, but also projects a heroic vibe. Done right, there's no reason why Supes can't join the billion $ club too. I mean, if Aquaman can do it...

Oh, boy... That would be an interesting time on the Internet.

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

no? Not at all

I mean the teaser has had more views than TLJ's and there should be some more hype because its the finale. Using just stats from boxofficereport, TLJ had 92 mil trailer views (including both teaser and final trailer) while TROS already has 55 mil trailer views with just that one teaser. 

Even if it has less hype than TLJ, it should pass a billion just because of the DOM gross.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

I mean the teaser has had more views than TLJ's and there should be some more hype because its the finale. Using just stats from boxofficereport, TLJ had 92 mil trailer views (including both teaser and final trailer) while TROS already has 55 mil trailer views with just that one teaser. 

Even if it has less hype than TLJ, it should pass a billion just because of the DOM gross.

Yeah, with this being the finale of the trilogy, can't see less than 600 domestically. And, really, I think legs will be MUCH better than TLJ, so I'm fully expecting 700 or so, even with a smaller, 190-ish OW. So even with a further OS drop to 400 or so (which would be extreme, given it will do very well in Western Europe), I can't see it missing a billion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Oh, boy... That would be an interesting time on the Internet.

Right? That would be part of the fun, seeing certain easily-combustible groups go completely ape shit over the notion of an alien from a distant galaxy being played by someone who wasn't actually from Kansas.  😂 

23 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Ugh, I’m really going back and forth about whether to see Gemini man in regular, or 3D HFR

I haven't seen anything like it in terms of image quality (saw it in Dolby). I'm generally not a fan of HFR, but it works for this as a different experience.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

I'd watch it like 5 times in theaters.

• Like 1