sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Estimates - Jokah 55, Addams 30.3, Gemini 20.5, Abominable 6.2, Downton 4.9 | Parasite generates 125.4K PTA (highest since La La Land)

24 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'll agree that in a vacuum the potential for Aladdin to do 1b WW was always there, for the reasons you citied earlier.  

That's all I ever said..   I am banking on Disney/90's nostalgia and that Beauty and the Beast did $1.26 billion and it's not like Beauty and the Beast was insanely well received...  it was ehhh..    by most accounts..  

I don't think Disney is "immune" necessarily but for these 90's remakes yeah I think they are as close to immune as you can get.   Like I said earlier,  Little Mermaid is going to blow up..   I hope people aren't fooled by early reactions,  I'm sure there will be posts about how a costume looks like shit and how CGI looks bad or whatever but don't be fooled it will do huge business. 

15 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Downton Abbey will need to pick up the pace if it wants to reach $100M. It looks like it might fall a mill or two short unless Universal and Focus have some tricks up their sleeve.

Hope it does. Will be above 95. Real close to 100 with good holds

• Like 1