Ryan Reynolds

Star Wars: Andor - Disney+ - September 21, 2022

1 minute ago, Inceptionzq said:

https://www.productionweekly.com/production-weekly-issue-1272-thursday-november-11-2021-139-listings-31-pages/

I can’t access the issue, but there is Andor 03 listed on there… Rumors around the block have been that Andor season 1 is all the 12 episodes they already filmed according to the source that @Porthos posted 2 weeks ago. So we shouldn’t see the 12 episodes split into 2 seasons unless they recently changed plans, which is possible given what Production Weekly posted

Yeah, I saw that on SW Leaks earlier today.  It's also possible it's all production numbers, which is its own Dark Art at times.

For instance, they could be making the next bloc of Andor just 6 to 8 episodes and slapping on a "S3" for internal reasons. Or they could have decided to split after all, for scheduling reasons (say, if they want Mando S3 in Nov instead of late Dec).

Or, indeed, there could be a natural break storytelling wise and they just decided to go for a mid-season cliffhanger/break ala the first season of Star Trek: Discovery or other more traditional shows of yesteryear.

Wouldn't be all that surprising if it split as doing post on 12 episodes in a row could get cumbersome.

(especially if K2 shows up in the back half :ph34r:)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Or, indeed, there could be a natural break storytelling wise and they just decided to go for a mid-season cliffhanger/break ala the first season of Star Trek: Discovery or other more traditional shows of yesteryear.

Wouldn't be all that surprising if it split as doing post on 12 episodes in a row could get cumbersome.

(especially if K2 shows up in the back half :ph34r:)

Yeah I had that thought. It’d probably require Bad Batch and Andor to overlap. They could have the first half of the season finish before the penultimate and season finale of Bad Batch, then start back up in 6 weeks or so. Assuming Mando season 3 is at the end of Dec, it could go something like this

Split 1: 8/10/22-9/14/22

Split 2: 11/2/22-12/7/22

• Like 1

Really nice VF piece about the upcoming Andor series.  Sounds like it might just be the most grounded, and let’s say, oh I dunno, “morally complicated” SW project put to screen (I make the screen distinction as there have been plenty of more… gritty SW tales in various books and comics).

I am purposely avoiding the dreaded “d” word here, but this will be a very interesting test for those fans who have been clamoring for more…. shall we say, grownup/mature storytelling in their SW tales. 

• Like 1