Ryan Reynolds

Star Wars: Andor - Disney+ - September 21, 2022

https://deadline.com/2021/09/diego-luna-star-wars-andor-details-production-familiar-faces-1234845366/

A smile widens on Diego Luna‘s face when asked about what’s ahead for his Star Wars character Cassian Andor in the upcoming Disney+ series Star Wars: Andor. The cheeky grin is a combination of anticipation, excitement and a splash of secrecy regarding the 12-episode project he executive produced and stars in, set to be released in 2022.

“You’ll definitely see familiar faces,” Luna told Deadline about Andor while promoting the return of his Amazon Prime Video original series Pan Y Circo on October 8. “I can tell you about this project like no other because I can’t spoil the ending if you’ve seen [Stars Wars: Rogue One] already. No matter what I say, I can’t ruin the ending.”

While Luna shared a laugh about how open he is to discuss Andor’s big-screen demise, he also avoided getting too deep into what lies ahead in the prequel series. He did reflect on the challenges of shooting through a pandemic.

“To be honest, it’s been such a blessing to do this job and to do it under these circumstances,” he said. “I had the chance to work with a team that I couldn’t be more proud of and admire more. It’s a hard-core moment to be out there shooting, and we were really lucky. We’re done with the shooting now and getting it ready for audiences to see it.”

He added, “While I can’t say much, what I can tell you is that the experience was literally a transformation for me. It’s something that I really wanted to do and that I thought I was not going to be able to do. I’m more than happy.”

• Like 2

I for one LOVE Rogue One. Adore it. It seems to be very divisive but it's my favourite Disney Star Wars movie. Needless to say I also love the Cassian Andor character and glad that Lucasfilm is deciding to play a little more in the sandbox with him and his world. Looking forward to it!

On 9/28/2021 at 2:00 PM, poweranimals said:

12 episodes, huh? I think the Marvel shows could benefit from longer runs as well.

They may be shorter in length though, which would be even more annoying than less episodes which are longer. Though I could be wrong and it could be 12 episodes, each with a good length. We'll see.

Any guesses as to when this drops on Disney+? I'm thinking March, with Obi-Wan dropping in May.

5 hours ago, Val357 said:

I for one LOVE Rogue One. Adore it. It seems to be very divisive but it's my favourite Disney Star Wars movie. Needless to say I also love the Cassian Andor character and glad that Lucasfilm is deciding to play a little more in the sandbox with him and his world. Looking forward to it!

I really wouldn't say that it is divisive. If anything I'd say the exact opposite. It had a very good reception when it came out, and it has only gotten better since then. There isn't really any hatred for it either, the worst accounts are more along the lines of "meh". By now it seems to have taken over as the most popular Disney Star Wars movie among the general audiences.

It's really the only movie that has trended upwards since its release. TFA went down due to its connection to the other sequels and overall lack of something new. TLJ and TROS were both divisive. Solo kind of got dragged down in all the mud-slinging and being released way too close to the most recent SW-movie. It just never got the large audience, though those who watch it tend to like it. Rogue One kind of hit the sweet-spot of  coming out prior to any backlash, while also being different enough not to face criticism for lack of creativity.

Andor is probably the show I look forward to the most. I never cared much for Boba Fett or characters from the animated shows, and some of the stuff that could perhaps be interesting is basically without any information at this point, like The Acolyte, making it hard to feel any hype. I'm interested in seeing Kenobi as well, especially to see all the familiar faces from the prequels again, but some of the stuff I have heard about it (without trying to hear anything about it) sound like something you really need to pull off exceptionally well for it to work.

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

I really wouldn't say that it is divisive. If anything I'd say the exact opposite. It had a very good reception when it came out, and it has only gotten better since then. There isn't really any hatred for it either, the worst accounts are more along the lines of "meh". By now it seems to have taken over as the most popular Disney Star Wars movie among the general audiences.

It's really the only movie that has trended upwards since its release. TFA went down due to its connection to the other sequels and overall lack of something new. TLJ and TROS were both divisive. Solo kind of got dragged down in all the mud-slinging and being released way too close to the most recent SW-movie. It just never got the large audience, though those who watch it tend to like it. Rogue One kind of hit the sweet-spot of  coming out prior to any backlash, while also being different enough not to face criticism for lack of creativity.

Andor is probably the show I look forward to the most. I never cared much for Boba Fett or characters from the animated shows, and some of the stuff that could perhaps be interesting is basically without any information at this point, like The Acolyte, making it hard to feel any hype. I'm interested in seeing Kenobi as well, especially to see all the familiar faces from the prequels again, but some of the stuff I have heard about it (without trying to hear anything about it) sound like something you really need to pull off exceptionally well for it to work.

Rogue One is also helped in terms of looking back in that of the NuWars films so far it by far has the strongest third act. A strong finish to a film helps with opinions.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

Boba: 12/29/21 - 2/23/22 [rumor: 9 episodes]

March/April BLANK

Kenobi: 5/4/22 - 6/8/22 [rumor: 6 episodes]

Bad Batch S2: 6/15/22 - 9/28/22 [S1 was 16 episodes]

Andor: 10/5/22 - 12/21/22 [12 episodes]

Mando S3: 12/28/22 - 

Can juuuuuust fit it in.  If Disney wants to have their specials/one week break, can double up some episodes here and there.

Obviously, the "easy" answer is to double up or overlap Bad Batch S2 since it's animation.  Of course, just presuming it's 16 episodes again is a total ass-pull on my part, so if there's fewer episodes, more maneuverability on the back end of '22.  But the schedule seems to fit.  Alternatively, they could have Kenobi end on May 4th, and bump up Bad Batch S2 to give some breathing room.  

(presuming IATSE ratifies the agreement that is, which isn't a sure thing, IMO)

EDIT:::

Q4 for 22 ends on Sep 30th, aksually.

So, revised schedule:

Boba: 12/29/21 - 2/23/22 [rumor: 9 episodes]

March/April BLANK

Kenobi: 5/4/22 - 6/8/22 [rumor: 6 episodes]

Bad Batch S2: 6/15/22 - 9/28/22 [S1 was 16 episodes]

Andor: 9/28/22 - 12/21/22 [12 episodes] [First two episodes on Sep 28th]

Mando S3: 12/28/22 - 

Probably do need some more doubling up then OR have Kenobi end on the 4th. But I think post might be a little close for that, so... dunno.

(again, obv answer is either shorter Bad Batch season or overlap with live action)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 1:33 PM, poweranimals said:

Why the heck do we gotta wait two years for season 3 of Mando?

Because they shot Boba Fett in the "traditional" Mando slot, production wise.

Been hearing rumors that's sorta kinda Mando S2.5 anyway, so who knows.

15 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Because they shot Boba Fett in the "traditional" Mando slot, production wise.

Been hearing rumors that's sorta kinda Mando S2.5 anyway, so who knows.

I seem to remember someone saying "Don't worry. Mando S3 is coming right after Boba Fett" but I guess they changed their mind.

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

I seem to remember someone saying "Don't worry. Mando S3 is coming right after Boba Fett" but I guess they changed their mind.

Well, it depends on how one defines "right after", now doesn't it? ;)  

FWIW, Mando S3 is shooting right now (started in Sep) so it can't possibly be ready until late 2022 anyway.

https://www.productionweekly.com/production-weekly-issue-1272-thursday-november-11-2021-139-listings-31-pages/

I can’t access the issue, but there is Andor 03 listed on there… Rumors around the block have been that Andor season 1 is all the 12 episodes they already filmed according to the source that @Porthos posted 2 weeks ago. So we shouldn’t see the 12 episodes split into 2 seasons unless they recently changed plans, which is possible given what Production Weekly posted

• Like 1