Ryan Reynolds

Star Wars: Andor - Disney+ - September 21, 2022

On 11/23/2022 at 10:10 PM, Ozymandias said:

alright folks where are my Dedra/Syril shippers

I really wanted them to make out in that broom closet not gonna lie. they would be just about my favorite "bad couple"ever.

To go from playing a throwaway fanservice role only relegated to a deleted scene in REVENGE OF THE SITH (2005), to guest-appearing as a throwaway nod to fans in a 2016 prequel movie, to then starring as a main character in the prequel show to said prequel movie in 2022... 17 years after first appearing as the character, and 39 years after the character's first appearance in canon...

Genevieve O'Reilly has accomplished a truly unbelievable upset in the history of mainstream acting lmao. She must be counting her blessings. Who else could say they did something like that?

And I'm all for it. Mon Mothma forever.

Now that being said, I'm finally caught up.

WTF? Why is this good? People actually put care in a Star Wars product? Great writing, directing and production design? What?

Episode 6 was mind-blowing. What an episode! The show never reaches those highs again after that but few shows do. Reminds me of that one episode of THE EXPANSE (called 'Home') where I was just utterly speechless when the credits rolled. Watching great TV episodes is so nice, so fulfilling. The worldbuilding in this show is so goddamn good it makes you cry at all the wasted opportunities in Star Wars.

Anyway --

Stellan Skarsgård

Jesus the man can act. That's it. That's all I'm going to say. 

• Like 1

Andor has been Nominated for a Golden Globe Award. for Andor Himslef. Deigo Luna 

Sadly it was snubbed in all the other categories. but the fact that it is getting noticed by the Golden Globes in a acting category is kind of a big deal.

Still Should have got Best Drama Series, best supporting actor Stellan Skarsgård, best supporting actor Kyle Soller best supporting actor Andy Serkis, Best Supporting actress Denise Gough, and Best Supporting Actress  Genevieve O'Reilly all should have gotten noms imo. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2

You know... I've now seen this appear in enough Year of Review lists (more than a couple at Slot #1) that depending on just what comes out between now and next May that this has a serious shot at Emmy consideration.  And not just a pat-on-the-head type nomination like I get the sense the Mando noms were.

There are real raves out there for this show.

(yes, I know about the Globes)

(("Pfft"))

Now I don't think for a second it's in any position to actually win, simply because of SciFi Stigma. Plus there's been some damn good TV out this year. Then again, stranger things have happened.

If Lucasfilm and/or Disney are smart, they should make a serious push for Andor when the time comes.

• Like 1