charlie Jatinder

Wednesday 10/16

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

If In Dilwale, the first half focused on Varun and Kriti and then went to interval just as SRK and Kajol met each other and then the second half was their flashback before cutting back to current day do you think it could have done better?

The early flashback insertion really hurts the movie imo. Was watching it yesterday and thought of this, it is wrongly structured right now.

yeah, the first half and climax  killed the film. what do you know, what would have been actually great, if done right, originally was horrible - Zero.

Dvh4H1yWsAE9Iul?format=jpg&name=small

6 minutes ago, kitik said:

Did anyone else go see a 40th anniversary showing of Alien last night?

My theater was absolutely packed (for a Wednesday night show). Easily the fullest auditorium I've been in since opening night of Endgame.

246,307 on 650 plus locations. That's ehh.

20 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

feeling bored. for 15 minutes, ask me anything other than wednesday or thursday numbers.

A bunch of famous Toms are in a dirt arena and are forced to fight to the death with nothing but their bare fists. Who wins?

27 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Thinking something just under $35M. Holding like a beast. No reason for me to believe that it barely clears $30M.

Well one reason is that it had very strong weekdays and a relatively weak weekend last week. So we'll see.

Film Distributor 3-Day Weekend Forecast Projected Domestic Total % Change
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Disney $40,000,000 $40,000,000 NEW
Joker Warner Bros. $32,000,000 $250,400,000 -43%
Zombieland 2: Double Tap Sony / Columbia $25,500,000 $25,500,000 NEW
The Addams Family (2019) United Artists Releasing $17,900,000 $59,100,000 -41%
Gemini Man Paramount $9,500,000 $37,400,000 -54%

https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend-forecast-will-maleficent-mistress-of-evil-or-zombieland-2-double-tap-dethrone-joker/

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

246,307 on 650 plus locations. That's ehh.

Nothing spectacular, but still not horrible.

If I'm doing my math right, that works out to about 40 people per show. Not bad for a 40-year-old movie on a Wednesday night.

And, well, I'm glad my showing had far more than 40 people at it.