sfran43

Weekend Thread: Estimates - Mal2 36, Jokah 29.2, Zombi2 26.7, Addams 16, Gemini 8.5 | Parasite 1.2 (37.6K), Lighthouse 420K (52K), Jojo 350K (70K avg)

7 minutes ago, Eric Addams said:

Gotta admit, it's still not as bad as that one guy (no not That One Guy) legit asking people "what's Gone with the Wind?" a while back

For some reason this feels like the equivalent of someone asking "what's Wizard Of Oz?"

Just now, Xftg123 said:

For some reason this feels like the equivalent of someone asking "what's Wizard Of Oz?"

It boggles my mind that some people reading this very thread probably haven't even seen The Sound of Music.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kitik said:

It boggles my mind that some people reading this very thread probably haven't even seen The Sound of Music.

I haven't seen the original, but I have seen the NBC one with Carrie Underwood years back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jiggly Del Rey said:

So 12.5 would be decent for Mal? Right? 10 pure Friday?

Yep. 12.5 wouldn't be so bad. Compared to the first film, which made 24.2M on a Friday, it isn't that bad of a drop.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It's very comforting to leave this forum for 3 months, log back in, and see people thinking Jaws doesn't stand the test of time.  This place hasn't changed one bit.

It’s not very comforting to leave this forum for 3-4 years (I forget) and see that CBM trolls still rule the roost, but whatevs. 

5 minutes ago, Jiggly Del Rey said:

You think I remember my username and password from 2015? 🙄

Anyway this place is frickin so toxic... just more proof nothing ever changes! 

You could have always asked them to look up your old email registration, you know.

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'm not trying to spread anything about how 'bad' this place is nowadays (if I really didn't like it, I wouldn't be sticking around). But DAMN this site was soooo much fun in 2014/15. 

Downfall started when they banned fishnets (I’m not fishnets FYI.. obvi you would know). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Show 20 normal people Jaws who haven't seen it before, ask their opinion without trying to influence it, and you'll get at least a dozen reactions ranging from "fine I guess" to "eh" to "that was bad."    

understand that it was revolutionary, contemporaneously. But evaluated in a vacuum, from a modern perspective (which is not, I should stress, what I endorse as the best way to evaluate movies)...   

Well, I was being diplomatic before. The shark is glaringly fake. As a result there's not a real sense of danger anywhere in the movie, and the emotional stakes just dont work. It's pretty tough to spend a movie sharing in the characters' fear of plastic pulled by wires. It's also riddled with cliches -- which, I'M AWARE, weren't cliches back then. This is *if* you, for some godforsaken reason, wanted to look at it only from the perspective of a normal modern first time viewer. But from such a perspective, the film basically just fails to work at all.  

In the context in which is was actually made, and released, and received, and broke boatloads of records, and had a huge cultural impact, sure, a masterpiece. 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 3