sfran43

Weekend Thread: Estimates - Mal2 36, Jokah 29.2, Zombi2 26.7, Addams 16, Gemini 8.5 | Parasite 1.2 (37.6K), Lighthouse 420K (52K), Jojo 350K (70K avg)

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Fine, you people have convinced me to rewatch Jaws. Eventually. If it works more knowing from the beginning that you need to 100% ignore how goofy the shark is, I'll let you know, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

BP7hYnk.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Geo1500 said:

The only movie that aged well imo is ''Logan's Run'' from 1976.. If it gets somehow HD remaster you would think it's a modern day Sci-fi movie. 

And not to forget the lead actress had amazing body on her

logans-run-1976.jpg

MV5BYjc5NjYwMzEtYWMwMi00NmM0LTlhNzAtYzc0

So that's what this movie is called!🤔😯 I vaguely remember having watched this movie when I was a kid, but was too young to comprehend anything except that it was weird. And everytime I saw that actor in other roles, scenes from that movie would start flashing in my mind. Now that I know the name of it, I will definitely look it up and do a rewatch.

• ...wtf 1

Found this regarding Joker and its box office run as the weeks go by.

According to BoxOfficeMojo, Todd Philips’ Joker has crossed the $600 million dollar mark at the worldwide box office, earning a massive $606 million as it is about to head into the third weekend of release.

There is a good chance that it’ll cross $700 million this weekend and possibly $800 million by next week. Surpassing Justice League’s $657.9 million and Man of Steel’s $668 million this weekend along with Suicide Squad’s $746.8 million eventually as well.

It all depends on how the legs for this film go. I think when Halloween and the Halloween week comes around, it might end up giving the movie a good boost.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

The only horror movies that will stand the test of time are Predator and Terminator (which aren't horror movies half the time) 

absolutely not. I wouldn’t even think of them as horror. Halloween is still watched by millions of people this month and still has cinema screenings. It’s over 40 years old and still going strong. 

horror movies have the benefit of not being outdated a few years after release due to CGI advancements.

Jaws is a masterpiece and is 44 years old. 

Most of these superhero CGI fests will look dated and sketchy in even ten years nevermind 44 from now. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, That One Guy said:

It's very comforting to leave this forum for 3 months, log back in, and see people thinking Jaws doesn't stand the test of time.  This place hasn't changed one bit.

Cinephiles are religious people like any other people.

Their Blind Faith is their Achilles Heel.

They have their Gods, their Auteurs who are divine beings who know everything about everything.

Thye have their Sacred Cows & Sacred Totems you can't  criticize if you don't want to commit the crime of Blasphemy.

Jaws is One of these Sacred Cows.

Very difficult to engage in a decent conversation with religious people since they are convinced their beliefs are above common sense.

Common sense here being that yes,  JAWS has aged A LOT and it just wouldn't work at all with current audiences.

Good luck arguing about Gods ( auteur filmmakers) & Holy Scriptures ( their films) with Men of faith.

Edited by The Futurist

3rd weekends drop from OW for DC openers

WW 41.3 (103.25 ow) -40%

AQM 31.0 (67.8 ow) -54% December

SHAZAM 16.5 (53.5 ow) -69%

JOKER 29.0 (96.2 ow) -70%

TDK 42.7 (158.4 ow) -73%

TDKR 35.7 (160.9 ow) -78%

MOS 20.7 (116.6 ow) -82%

SS 20.9 (133.7 ow) -84%

BVS 23.3 (166.0  ow) -86%

JOKER matching SHAZAM is very creditable. SHAZAM was a family friendly CBM that opened much smaller.

40 minutes ago, Movie nerd said:

So basically Joker is performing like last weekend but it’s coming from realatively much weaker weekdays than in week one so end result will be significiantly worse. 

It’ll be in the 40’s again. Still avoiding those usual 50, 60% drops for these films. 

6 hours ago, Jiggly Del Rey said:

You think I remember my username and password from 2015? 🙄

Anyway this place is frickin so toxic... just more proof nothing ever changes! 

If you think this place is toxic then i invite you to go to literally any video game forum. Trust me, it will change your mind.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eric Addams said:

Gotta admit, it's still not as bad as that one guy (no not That One Guy) legit asking people "what's Gone with the Wind?" a while back

I've never heard of this film until I started following the box office (for obv reasons), and I don't think it's that popular outside of western countries.