sfran43

Weekend Thread: Estimates - Mal2 36, Jokah 29.2, Zombi2 26.7, Addams 16, Gemini 8.5 | Parasite 1.2 (37.6K), Lighthouse 420K (52K), Jojo 350K (70K avg)

23 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Limited theaters so easier tracking for studios i guess?

The Sunday "estimates" aren't really a matter of tracking though, it's the distributor literally taking a guess at Sunday business.  No way you nail it to the dollar unless every showing is pre sold to capacity, which clearly wasn't the case given PTA.     

@Charlie Jatinder, @RthTIFF, any insight into this mystery? Just a crazy coincidence that the Sunday guess was close enough you leave unaltered?

Edited by Thanos Legion

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

any insight into this mystery? Just a crazy coincidence that the Sunday guess was close enough you leave unaltered?

Are you absolutely sure there were Sunday estimates for Parasite, or is it BOM filling in the blanks?

17 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Are you absolutely sure there were Sunday estimates for Parasite, or is it BOM filling in the blanks?

99.9999 certain. I'm in survivor, so I enter the updated estimates into a spreadsheet as they roll in over the weekend. The Parasite number provided Sunday morning was $1,241,334. I recognized the actual number as being a spooky exact match before going to mojo to get the copy paste to demonstrate what I was asking about.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Astonished 1