Jump to content
Purple Minion

MALEFICENT: MISTRESS OF EVIL | 377.1M Overseas ● 490.4M Worldwide

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Obviously hit hard by F2 this weekend. I am surprised by lack of any boost bcos of double features with F2. Quick check around in couple of drivens clearly showed Mal 2 playing with F2.

 

https://rubidouxdrivein.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Skylinedriveinbarstowca/

https://missiontiki.com/

 

Only thing I can think off is F2 did not that good at driveins. Families would prefer the Plexes instead.

Too wintry for much drive-in business, isn’t it? I made a comment yesterday about the lack of DF boost and assumed that was the reason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Too wintry for much drive-in business, isn’t it? I made a comment yesterday about the lack of DF boost and assumed that was the reason.

That could be it. But at least west coast should have done better. But drive-ins are a dying and so would be more prevalent in country side outside big cities. Where weather would not make them suitable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Obviously hit hard by F2 this weekend. I am surprised by lack of any boost bcos of double features with F2. Quick check around in couple of drivens clearly showed Mal 2 playing with F2.

 

https://rubidouxdrivein.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Skylinedriveinbarstowca/

https://missiontiki.com/

 

Only thing I can think off is F2 did not that good at driveins. Families would prefer the Plexes instead.

seems like it's missing the big $500M. Is it even crossing the $490M at this point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you never know. Obviously there was a blockbuster released this week that hit all holdovers. Market is open till Jumanji 2 at least. So it could leg it out. But 500m looks unlikely unless studio wants to seriously push it. But its not a mark that means anything. So I doubt they will even bother. I could see this hit digital soon( in fact January).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A shame it couldn't eke out the $500m for a nice round number. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Japan is probably the biggest disappointment here, as it was easily the biggest OS market for the first film. The sequel will drop a whopping 80% from the first film in USD total, which is a big shocker considering:

 

a) The sequel is actually decent as far as quality goes (it would satisfy anybody who enjoyed the first film).

b) Japan usually loves Disney live-action fare, especially those based on princesses/fairy tales like Sleeping Beauty.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KP1025 said:

Japan is probably the biggest disappointment here, as it was easily the biggest OS market for the first film. The sequel will drop a whopping 80% from the first film in USD total, which is a big shocker considering:

 

a) The sequel is actually decent as far as quality goes (it would satisfy anybody who enjoyed the first film).

b) Japan usually loves Disney live-action fare, especially those based on princesses/fairy tales like Sleeping Beauty.

Japan has been crazy this year. Maybe just not enough dollars and consumer interest to go around for a fine-but the-first-entry hardly-needed-it sequel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In it's 3rd weekend (November 1-3) MAL2 over-performed and it set expectations much higher.

 

Dom

Nov 1, 2019 3 $13,090,680 -32% 3,820 $3,427   $85,240,391

 

OS

Quote
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil grossed an estimated $40.5M internationally (-37% from 64.3 2nd weekend) this weekend. International total stands at $298.9M, global total stands at $383.2M

 

After a global 53.5 global weekend (13 + 40.5) taking it to 383+ ww, it has added just 101+ more (1.9x the global weekend)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ran out of gas before 500 :( From Mojo:

 

DOMESTIC (23.1%)
$113,228,136
INTERNATIONAL (76.9%)
$377,144,726
WORLDWIDE
$490,372,862

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A shame, but still a respectable result, all things considered.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.