chasmmi

Top 100 Video Game Countdown Thread | We've Reached the Top 20

65th

Spiderman - Spiderman (PS4) (85 points, 1 top 10) 

Spider-man 2018 is one of the best games I have ever played to not be my favourite game of a given year. The game's depiction of Spider-man was also one of the best characters any game put forward last year also. 

The Voice Actor for this character does a fantastic job and the story that this game tells is probably as good as any Spider-man film story we been given to date. If you haven't played this and are into games, you must play it. If you are not into games... well first, odd that you're here but thanks for reading, second, watch the cutscene movie, it's still very impressive. 

• Like 5

64th

Squirtle (86 points, 2 top 10) 

First off, I never realised until watching that video, that Eric Cartman voiced Squirtle. Interesting choice. 

Anyhow, we are back in the world of Pokemon with everybody's favourite squirting turtle. The only original starter Pokemon to make our list as The flower Dinosaur thing finished up in 122nd, and the fire dragon was down in 206th.

Wait, you have a choice of a dinosaur, a dragon and a turtle? Who picks a turtle?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

63rd

HK-47 - KOTOR (87 points, 1 top 5, 1 top 10) 

Oh Star Wars fans and their robots...

On the immense plus side, this is not C3PO, and not being C3PO is always worth about 80 points in my book. It also uses English which means that you don't need a second friend to constantly be around to 'Skippy the Bush Kangaroo' every scene. These are both pluses. 

Anyhow, on to the next installment and we shall likely return to the world of KOTOR later. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

62nd

Dr. Robotnik - Sonic (87 points, 1 top 10) 

We have one of the original video game villains up next. A man who has suffered a lot from Sonic games becoming total nonsense over the years as in the 2D era, his boss battle were a lot more fun and engaging than merely jumped over the dinosaur sprite on the bridge. 

Whether, you call him Robotnik. Eggman, or Jim, it is nice to see him make our little list.  

• Like 5

61st

Alyx Vance - HalfLife (87 points, 1 top 10) 

A character from the Witcher School of Spelling women's names, Alyx is from the fabled Half-Life trilogy. 

In this series she... uses a portal gun to stop the zombie invasion? I have no idea. It's a PC Game, a famous PC Game, but still a PC game. I'll maybe get round to trying out the remaster, whenever the GOTY trilogy special edition gets released. 

• Like 3

60th

Chun Li - Street Fighter (88 points, 1 top 5) 

Ah, boobs. Is there anything they can't do? (Actually tbf, Chun Li was more legs really.)

Chun Li was a fan favourite from her debut in Street Fighter and a great go to fighter if you felt like a change from the 1000 hand slap for a little bit. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, chasmmi said:

66th

Urdnot Wrex - Mass Effect (83 points) 

Oh Wrex, one of the many characters that you think was great in Mass Effect 1, and then the game decides that you don't deserve nice things and they are ripped away from you for future games :(. 

This was especially annoying for me, as Wrex was one of my core team fighters in the game, so not having him at my disposal for the next game was... disappointing. Sure, replacement Wrex was fine, but I missed Wrex. 

Proof that you fucked up Mass Effect, if you didn't save Wrex, you go back to a previous save, up your paramour or renegade and save that beautiful Bastard

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Proof that you fucked up Mass Effect, if you didn't save Wrex, you go back to a previous save, up your paramour or renegade and save that beautiful Bastard

Oh I saved Wrex, 

Spoiler

But the fact they put that choice in the game means he has to be demoted to a side quest bit player in 2 and 3 as opposed to a key playable character. 

Mass Effect did a lot of great things with its butterfly effects and Renegade / Paramour stuff. 

But it also meant that the start of each new game they had to arbitrarily rip your crew apart and drip feed back some of the characters and relegate others to side-quest NPCs because otherwise it would require effectively making the game like 12 times over with all the permutations. 

58th

Diddy Kong - Diddy Kong Racing (88 points) 

It's Donkey Kong... but smaller. Genius. 

Diddy Kong has gone on to have a spin off career possibly only surpassed by the big green glorious one himself. He got himself a racing game, a Quest Game, he managed to get in on the Smash bros scene and most importantly of all, did it all while remaining property of Nintendo and thus never suffered in indignity of being a Rareware XBox game.  

• Like 3

57th

Rayman - Rayman (89 points) 

Is this the best thing France ever did for the world? I think it might be. It's a toss up between this and Pain au Raisin really. 

Rayman is possibly the highest placed limbless character on our countdown and one of the few platformer people to get some love without having an army of beloved buddies or villains to go alongside him. 

I mean go on, aside from the gloriousness that is the Rabbids, name one Rayman character, just one. I dare ya!

• Like 3

56th

Goro Majima - Yakuza (90 points) 

It is a crime that this guy is so low. Yakuza Zero is a top 5 game of all time for me and Majima's character is a massive part of that. 

To discover as i played through the series that they were able to  create the character they did after the 5 games that had already come before was doubly amazing to me. He also sings great karaoke and that is worth 100 bonus points. A legend of video gaming.

(And I dream of the day that he is in a Smash Bros Game...) 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

55th

Sarah Kerrigan - Starcraft  (92 points) 

I think Starcraft is still to this day the 2nd or 3rd most played online game in Korea. LOL took away its long held crown as the number one, and then PUBG/Fortnight/Overwatch/Lineage all tried to push it down further, each with differing levels of success. 

Today, the dedicated Starcraft TV channels have become general Esports channels, and for some reason Korean teens these days want to spend more time with:

Image result for miss fortune pool party skin

Than 

Image result for sarah kerrigan

But that is just kids today I suppose.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, chasmmi said:

59th

Slime - Dragon Quest (88 points, 1 First) 

It's... It's... slime.

I mean there appears to be a whole bunch of different slimes to choose from, but it's still slime. 

Ok Then. 

Nice video choice there.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:11 AM, chasmmi said:

57th

Rayman - Rayman (89 points) 

Is this the best thing France ever did for the world? I think it might be. It's a toss up between this and Pain au Raisin really. 

Rayman is possibly the highest placed limbless character on our countdown and one of the few platformer people to get some love without having an army of beloved buddies or villains to go alongside him. 

I mean go on, aside from the gloriousness that is the Rabbids, name one Rayman character, just one. I dare ya!

Pain Au Chocolat >>>>>>> Pain Au Raisin. 

Heathen. 

54th

Sadie Adler - Red Dead 2  (92 points) 

My favourite character from Red Dead hands down. To the point where all I really want from life now is Sadie DLC, prequel, hell put her in Smash Bros, I just want more of her. She is a treasure. 

She also had great chemistry with Arthur and there is frankly nothing that made me happier in 2018 more than going on sidequests with Sadie and I hope to see her show up in games again some day.  

• Like 5