Jump to content
Jamiem

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker 558m OS 1.073B WW

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

It’s very hard for a finale to not be the most frontloaded of a series. We’ll see but I’d say it’s unlikely 

 

TLJ set a pretty low bar for legs, by Christmas standards. I think there is pretty solid chance ROS pulls better legs. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

PostTrack 

 

 

Thanks :3

19 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

 

TLJ set a pretty low bar for legs, by Christmas standards. I think there is pretty solid chance ROS pulls better legs. 

If TROS is still lower than TLJ, how will it do then when children are back to school after Christmas?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My initial predictions after mixed critics reviews were $1.18B with $560M-$600M domestically and overseas, but with great audience receptions, i could see this SW9 have better legs than SW8 and maybe top SW8 with a final predictions of $1380M (with $660M-$700M domestically and overseas), what are your expectations right now for this SW9 after these good audiences receptions ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Eh, I’m thinking 600+550ish. That would be disaster averted but still pretty awkward for a SW trilogy finale to place around 20th WW

True, also we don't know the legs, it could obviously go under 600m OS but the opening seems more than good enough to make it plausible to get $600m + OS (doesn't mean it will get it but atleast the numbers so far don't seem to indicate a crash)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Eh, I’m thinking 600+550ish. That would be disaster averted but still pretty awkward for a SW trilogy finale to place around 20th WW

Yeah I’m thinking around 1.1-1.2B now as well having seen the film and sitting on it for a couple of days, going to watch it again in a few hours but the midnight screening was kinda muted at the end of the screening. I’d say I’m mixed on the film myself and my friends I went with where the same if not slightly more negative. Hopefully it does do well with the more causal crowd though, might find out at the screening today. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rise of Skywalker has come in with the lowest Cinemascore for a live-action Star Wars film at B+

 

I stand by what I said initially: waiting for the second-weekend when you remove much of the pre-booked Christmas tickets.

 

Will it drop more than 70% in its second weekend?

  1. Avengers: Endgame - $357 million and dropped -58.7% to $147 million
  2. The Force Awakens - $248 million and dropped -40% to $149 million
  3. The Last Jedi - $220 million and dropped -68% to $72 million
  4. Deathly Hallows Part 2 - $169 million and dropped -72% to $47 million
  5. The Rise of Skywalker - TBA

Does the fact The Force Awakens opened on December 18th, and The Last Jedi on the 15th have anything to do with it? The whole Christmas Day dynamic and that for TLJ Christmas Eve was on a Sunday?

Edited by Bart Allen
  • Astonished 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

The Rise of Skywalker has come in with the lowest Cinemascore for a live-action Star Wars film at B+

 

I stand by what I said initially: waiting for the second-weekend when you remove much of the pre-booked Christmas tickets.

 

Will it drop more than 70% in its second weekend?

  1. Avengers: Endgame - $357 million and dropped -58.7% to $147 million
  2. The Force Awakens - $248 million and dropped -40% to $149 million
  3. The Last Jedi - $220 million and dropped -68% to $72 million
  4. Deathly Hallows Part 2 - $169 million and dropped -72% to $47 million
  5. The Rise of Skywalker - TBA

Does the fact The Force Awakens opened on December 18th, and The Last Jedi on the 15th have anything to do with it? The whole Christmas Day dynamic and that for TLJ Christmas Eve was on a Sunday?

Not quite sure why you put this into the international box office section, it seems you'd get more answers in the domestic box office discussion :huh:

 

That being said, this has very little chance of dropping 70%. TLJ didn't, and that one did indeed suffer from christmas eve falling on Sunday. It seems unlikely to drop even worse than that when there is nothing to artifically lower the intake.

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Not quite sure why you put this into the international box office section, it seems you'd get more answers in the domestic box office discussion :huh:

 

That being said, this has very little chance of dropping 70%. TLJ didn't, and that one did indeed suffer from christmas eve falling on Sunday. It seems unlikely to drop even worse than that when there is nothing to artifically lower the intake.

Because I can't post it in the other section because WHOOPSY :(

 

Well true true, but we shall see :3

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Because I can't post it in the other section because WHOOPSY :(

 

Well true true, but we shall see :3

And you will probably cant post here if u continue with this kind of random posts everywhere 😴

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lor15 said:

And you will probably cant post here if u continue with this kind of random posts everywhere 😴

Whoops :3

 

I'll try to compare it other films as well then, including Endgame and The Last Jedi ~ Or is it just that I'm using the same film over and over again? 😮

Edited by Bart Allen
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.