Jamiem

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker 558m OS 1.073B WW

1 minute ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Well, it’s less than a third of the WW opening record, unclear if that really qualifies as big tbh. Deadline was all “no 2020 movie will have a higher WW open” but I’m thinking 4-5 get there (MCU, WW84, Car Wars, Mulan).

Well they expected around 450m WW opening (we knew that was to high but it only matter what they thought) so around Spidey and CM of this year. They both got updates, even daily ones so to it strange that they woudn't do it with this movie that they claimed would be in the same ball park. I think the reason is because they were so wrong.

Spoiler

AGIAN 😛

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Well they expected around 450m WW opening (we knew that was to high but it only matter what they thought) so around Spidey and CM of this year. They both got updates, even daily ones so to it strange that they woudn't do it with this movie that they claimed would be in the same ball park. I think the reason is because they were so wrong.

Reveal hidden contents

probably Disney is focusing on firing people in Lucasfilm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

probably Disney is focusing on firing people in Lucasfilm. 

Tbh I did laught at this but actualy it's pretty sad (not for higher ups, if they get fired I am fine with it) but I am sad for the 'normal' people working there, their lifelyhood might depend on that so yeah respect to those people.

Even thought it's funny that trades keep over estimating SW (solo and TROS now) on the other hand it's sad to see a childhood franchise loosing infuance.  It's always a double feeling with SW 😛

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pepsa said:

Tbh I did laught at this but actualy it's pretty sad (not for higher ups, if they get fired I am fine with it) but I am sad for the 'normal' people working there, their lifelyhood might depend on that so yeah respect to those people.

Even thought it's funny that trades keep over estimating SW (solo and TROS now) on the other hand it's sad to see a childhood franchise loosing infuance.  It's always a double feeling with SW 😛

I think Disney might be mainly aimed at Kathleen Kennedy. They don't need to cut down staffs for saving money, but KK's style is not suitable to current business model of Disney. After TROS, there could be a conflict between Disney executives and Lucasfilm leaders.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pepsa said:

taking about cutting down by the way, a friend told me that Disney is generous to those ex-staffs in Fox. Normally, they could get three months salary. But I heard Disney paid them nine. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Disney is generous to those ex-staffs in Fox. Normally, they could get three months salary. But I heard Disney paid them nine. 

Off-topic, but ever since Disney bought, Fox Star in India is doing pretty great. There was a time when Fox had like 21 disasters/flops out of 25, now they are doing pretty great.

2 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Off-topic, but ever since Disney bought, Fox Star in India is doing pretty great. There was a time when Fox had like 21 disasters/flops out of 25, now they are doing pretty great.

And Disney China just abandoned to release most Fox brand movies in the future except at most 3-4 every year in China.

Just now, TMP said:

That's pretty sad

it is. They don't even really want to release F v F. It's obviously bigger than those live-action Disney titles and SW. But they would rather have nothing than spend time to earn little money(less than $50-100M box office) from Fox brand.

• Sad 2