Blankments

PSA: Box Office Mojo Redesign ... Numbers Saves The Day With Theater Counts

One flaw with the number now is their international gross.

With more international gross earned by hollywood, the availability of international gross become increasingly important. And due to currency issue and poor data compilation system in many countries, collecting international gross is much more difficult especially on weekly basis 

BOM has the edge now on international gross. 

17 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

I don't want a new box office site. I'd rather The Numbers just take the reigns and adjust their site for better compatibility. 

Eh, I’ll take either.  If people make a better site than the Numbers I’ll visit it instead

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 10:44 AM, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Has anyone noticed the DOM & WW-grosses on certain movies at the ”new” Box Office Mojo?

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/ww_top_lifetime_gross/?area=XWW&ref_=bo_cso_ac

Some movies box office numbers are higher/lower than before.

I see a few higher but none lower. I gathered it was studios doing updating or BOM finally implementing updates that were available already like Avatars 2 year old new number.

I'm just glad the WW is now accessible on BOM again

13 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

I see a few higher but none lower. I gathered it was studios doing updating or BOM finally implementing updates that were available already like Avatars 2 year old new number.

I'm just glad the WW is now accessible on BOM again

The big one that i noticed went up considerably WW-wise...was Matrix Reloaded. Used to be $742M WW...but is now $828M WW for some reason.

Also...SM1’s DOM went up to $407M, and that includes the little re-release (from September 2002) it had as a double billing with ”Men In Black 2”.

• Astonished 2

22 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

The big one that i noticed went up considerably WW-wise...was Matrix Reloaded. Used to be $742M WW...but is now $828M WW for some reason.

Also...SM1’s DOM went up to $407M, and that includes the little re-release (from September 2002) it had as a double billing with ”Men In Black 2”.

This kind of stuff drives me absolutely batty! Like, is it a glitch/typo/mistake or is actual real information that just went undocumented after all this time? BOM was so reliable for me and now I don't know if I can trust it at all. It's the worst feeling.

On 11/1/2019 at 3:29 AM, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

That Matrix Reloaded has to be a typo. It's had no major re-releases and one that garnered another  $86m would have been noticed.

So far the only change I like is now some of the international territories have post-opening weekend (2nd, 3rd, etc.) records listed, which is something I always wished the original iteration had. But now I don't think they have the opening weekend records and yearly record pages for the territories, which was an even more important resource. 

Edited by Jiffy