kayumanggi

DHD Saturday (03.24): 50.0 M | THE HUNGER GAMES

http://www.deadline....m-in-australia/

SATURDAY 9:45 PM, 8TH UPDATE… EXCLUSIVE: My sources say this opening weekend’s North American grosses for Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games are likely a humongous $150 million after making $68.2M Friday and $49M Saturday. That would be a record-setter: the 4th all-time biggest opening three-day weekend, beating all the Twilight Saga films but not 2008′s The Dark Knight, and the highest non-sequel opening weekend ever, and the highest March opening weekend ever. The Twilight Saga: New Moon debuted to $142.8M in November 2009, and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 opened to $138.1M in November 2011. Numbers refined later tonight.

Edited by kayumanggi

An opening just above 150m means Hunger Games sells more tickets than DH2 because of 3D (my estimates have HG at 19m admissions and Potter just below 18m). It's only behind TDK and SM3 in terms of total OW admissions by a few million. Domestically, we can settle one argument- what's more popular, Potter or Twilight. The answer is The Hunger Games.

• Like 1

An opening just above 150m means Hunger Games sells more tickets than DH2 because of 3D (my estimates have HG at 19m admissions and Potter just below 18m). It's only behind TDK and SM3 in terms of total OW admissions by a few million.Domestically, we can settle one argument- what's more popular, Potter or Twilight. The answer is The Hunger Games.

Noctis won't be happy with that post. :lol:

Could this do a DH2 size Sunday drop, around 18%?(null)

No. SM3's -22.2% Sunday decline is the best case scenario. This is still March, less people are free next week than in the summer, so late shows won't be as crowded.