Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Terminator 29, Joker 13.5, Mal2 13.1, Harriet 11.7, Addams 8.3

https://deadline.com/2019/11/terminator-dark-fate-linda-hamilton-harriet-motherless-brooklyn-weekend-box-office-1202774477/

Paramount/Skydance Media/Fox’s Terminator: Dark Fate drew $2.35M from 7pm shows on Halloween night.

That’s on par with the Tuesday night previews of its previous chapter, Terminator: Genisys which made $2.3M back on June 30, 2015 and in fact is pretty good for a Halloween night which typically attracts audiences to genre and family fare.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eric Connor said:

Terrible weather up and down the east coast probably helped get adults and families out for movies, since all the holdovers had great Thursday numbers...does not actually bode as well for tonight and jumps...

• Like 1

Said this in the Tracking thread, might as well repeat it here.

Ender's Game did 1.4M in previews on Halloween night (don't know the time they started), and finished with 27M for OW. If Terminator follows that film with 2.35M previews, that's about 45.3M.

I don't think it'll go that high, but 40M isn't that crazy, and way beter than what the past few days indicated. I guess Sarah Connor memberberries really did save the day here.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Connor said:

Said this in the Tracking thread, might as well repeat it here.

Ender's Game did 1.4M in previews on Halloween night (don't know the time they started), and finished with 27M for OW. If Terminator follows that film with 2.35M previews, that's about 45.3M.

I don't think it'll go that high, but 40M isn't that crazy, and way beter than what the past few days indicated. I guess Sarah Connor memberberries really did save the day here.

rotten tomatoes also did help to save the day.

Edited by John2015

1 minute ago, Alli said:

My guess it will open to about the same as Mal2, about 37M.  They have the same budget, but Mal2 is doing much better OS.

Mal 2 also has much better legs than Terminator will. A 35 mil OW for Terminator means around 80-90 mil finish.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

$35M opening it seems then. I think a final total over the reviled last movie would automatically be considered a very minor win.

How is it a win when it's opening in China isn't doing well and when it is under performing overseas in general?

Just now, Alli said:

What hit from the past will Paramount try to resurrect now? All their attempts have failed.

Sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat knowing that the Forrest Gump sequel that was dropped back in 2001 is looking closer to happen every day.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1