The Wild Eric

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Terminator 29, Joker 13.5, Mal2 13.1, Harriet 11.7, Addams 8.3

7 minutes ago, JB33 said:

If Joker follows the pattern of Gravity 6 years ago, we could see as much as $14.5M this weekend. We'll see....

14.5 would mean it passes $300m domestic on Sunday

Variety is now projecting a sub 30 Million opening:

http:// https://variety.com/2019/film/news/terminator-dark-fate-box-office-1203390445/

And several other sites are saying under 30 Million. Deadline is often questionable, but looks if they were right on this.

It is a horrid number, I though it would probably make it to the 35/40 Million OW range.

And pretty clear now that Cameron as  producer is not a guarantee of anything. It's Cameron the Director that can make big hits.

Looks like Terminator: Dark Fate could play out almost exactly the same as Bohemian Rhapsody on this very same weekend last year. BR did 13.1x its previews ($3.9M) for a $51,061,119 weekend on November 2-4. The same multi for T: DF's $2.35M preview number gives $30,767,597, which sounds about right.

Edited by JB33

12 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Looks like Terminator: Dark Fate could play out almost exactly the same as Bohemian Rhapsody on this very same weekend last year. BR did 13.1x its previews ($3.9M) for a $51,061,119 weekend on November 2-4. The same multi for T: DF's $2.35M preview number gives $30,767,597, which sounds about right.

Let's not forget that Dark Fate cost 180 Million, nearly three times as much as Rhapsody's 56 millon pricetag .

So 28 to 30 Milllion was a good opening for Rhapdoy, but a horrible one for Dark Fate. This is why  decididng that opening is good or bad without taking a film's budget into consideration is pretty damn meaningless.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

They set themselves up for some mean puns this coming Sunday with that subtitle. 

People here..including me..are already doing that. 

The Paramount execs are NOT looking forward to the annual stockholders meeting, given what a horrible year this has been for them. What makes it's worse is that last years it looked as though the ship was beginning to turn in the right direction. 

Edited by dudalb

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Let's not forget that Dark Fate cost 180 Million, nearly three times as much as Rhapsody's 56 millon pricetag .

So 28 to 30 Milllion was a good opening for Rhapdoy, but a horrible one for Dark Fate. This is why  decididng that opening is good or bad without taking a film's budget into consideration is pretty damn meaningless.

I'm aware. I was simply comparing the multi's.